Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Pshonda on February 05, 2025, 10:40:53 AM

Title: New member
Post by: Pshonda on February 05, 2025, 10:40:53 AM
Hi guys I am a new member,I have a cb750k6 which I have owned for 13 years.
  The bike was rebuilt in 1996 .have all invoices.
 The bike has done 8,000 since rebuild .
  I have been advised that the rubbers in the engine will now need replacing.

  Please could you give me your opinion.
   
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Bryanj on February 05, 2025, 11:10:04 AM
If it dont rattle just remove sump and check for debris in the pan
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Nurse Julie on February 05, 2025, 12:51:51 PM
Welcome to the forum. Who advise you they need changing? On the invoices does it show if the rubbers were changed when rebuilt 8,000 miles ago?.
As Bryan says, check before contemplating doing a complete engine strip.
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Athame57 on February 05, 2025, 03:15:00 PM
Hello and welcome here!  ;D
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Pshonda on February 05, 2025, 05:12:14 PM
Hi thank-you for the replies, the person who made the statement said the age of the rubbers (28years) made the rubbers go hard.
 There is nothing in the oil when I changed it last ,no rattles and I have the invoice for new camchain and wheels.
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Bryanj on February 05, 2025, 05:22:50 PM
If it had new tensioner wheels they are the most important.
To give you piece of mind i would still remove the sump pan(get a new gasket) as the "crud" (technical term that) will sit in the bottom of the pan and not come out with the drained oil, especially as the 750 is a dry sump engine
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Pshonda on February 05, 2025, 06:09:38 PM
Thanks for the advice