Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Johnny4428 on March 02, 2025, 07:44:22 PM

Title: Kick start cap.
Post by: Johnny4428 on March 02, 2025, 07:44:22 PM
I recall short ago someone on here had a source for these plastic or rubbers bungs/caps that fit into the kick start. Looking for a couple and trying to avoid paying £20 for one!😳😳
Title: Re: Kick start cap.
Post by: Oddjob on March 02, 2025, 08:21:44 PM
I had a few NOS ones but sold them all years ago now.

Maybe someone was 3D printing them, in which case the lad who did the 400-4 and the RD parts, forget his name though.
Title: Re: Kick start cap.
Post by: Bryanj on March 02, 2025, 08:27:57 PM
Ebay, see pick.
I cant do links
Title: Re: Kick start cap.
Post by: Johnny4428 on March 02, 2025, 09:40:03 PM
Thanks guys, never thought about eBay for these!
Title: Re: Kick start cap.
Post by: Johnny4428 on March 02, 2025, 10:01:20 PM
For the love of the ladle! WTF (apologies for the language) this does irk me ever so slightly!🤬🤬🤬
Apparently Orkney is too remote to post to, so I thought I would check to see where they do post to.
Title: Re: Kick start cap.
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on March 02, 2025, 10:20:59 PM
What you need is a relative or mate on the mainland to post it to, then a re-post via  a Post Office.
Title: Re: Kick start cap.
Post by: Bryanj on March 02, 2025, 10:34:46 PM
Ian, if you want i will order and repost at cost mate.
Title: Re: Kick start cap.
Post by: Johnny4428 on March 03, 2025, 08:37:20 AM
This is the reply from Classic bike spares.
Title: Re: Kick start cap.
Post by: Johnny4428 on March 03, 2025, 08:38:20 AM
I am sorted now thanks to Paul Crouch at Classic bike Spares.
Title: Re: Kick start cap.
Post by: Nurse Julie on March 03, 2025, 09:13:05 AM
That's really strange as all the parts I send to anywhere in UK with Royal Mail cost the same, including any of the Scottish islands / NI / IOM  etc. I know the different couriers, Evri etc either won't send or if they do, they charge more but never with Royal Mail 🤔🤔🤔🤔
Title: Re: Kick start cap.
Post by: Johnny4428 on March 03, 2025, 06:27:36 PM
I don’t understand that either Julie, I thought it was just some of the couriers that had a problem with the islands. But I am sorted and free postage too!😜
Title: Re: Kick start cap.
Post by: Johnny4428 on March 07, 2025, 06:13:25 PM
After receiving caps in the post the day thought I would pop one into the 550k1 on the bike lift. Rather annoyingly these caps don’t fit. They just rattle about in the kick start. I will maybe manage to jam them in with an o ring on the back.😡

Just to add done a bit of looking into this (which I should have done before ordering) these are for 400 and 350, didn’t realise they were different size. My fault!
Title: Re: Kick start cap.
Post by: Laverdaroo on March 08, 2025, 06:40:59 PM
Just seen this Johnny, I did exactly the same thing and bought one only to re read its for the 350/400.
'
Youre not on yer own mate.
Title: Re: Kick start cap.
Post by: Johnny4428 on March 09, 2025, 07:45:42 AM
Just seen this Johnny, I did exactly the same thing and bought one only to re read its for the 350/400.
'
Youre not on yer own mate.

You too!!🤭 most annoying but not the worlds end!😂
Title: Re: Kick start cap.
Post by: Bryanj on March 09, 2025, 08:33:17 AM
But the advert says for 500 and 550 so if it dont fit get back to seller unless you ordered a different one
Title: Re: Kick start cap.
Post by: Johnny4428 on March 09, 2025, 07:24:32 PM
No my mistake Bryan. I just went onto their eBay site but unfortunately it was for the smaller ones. Didn’t realise they had different ones. I’m sure they would change them.
Title: Re: Kick start cap.
Post by: Johnny4428 on March 10, 2025, 02:55:27 PM
Now sorted. Two small thin o rings and fits perfect. Saves sending them back.