Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on March 09, 2025, 08:22:13 AM

Title: Senior Moment - front fork design on Superdream.
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on March 09, 2025, 08:22:13 AM
At the risk of sounding really stupid I'm having trouble getting my head around basic front fork design.
I understand the fork spring, also the damper rod that the fork oil operates in.

What stops the lower leg from falling out of the fork sliders?



Title: Re: Senior Moment - front fork design on Superdream.
Post by: Bryanj on March 09, 2025, 08:30:45 AM
The tube has a welded in plug that the damper rod goes through but the big end wont, then the bottom bolt holts the rod to the slider.

The 500 didnt have the plug and needed the long threaded rod to hold it all together
Title: Re: Senior Moment - front fork design on Superdream.
Post by: Johnwebley on March 09, 2025, 08:43:25 AM
At the risk of sounding really stupid I'm having trouble getting my head around basic front fork design.
I understand the fork spring, also the damper rod that the fork oil operates in.

What stops the lower leg from falling out of the fork sliders?
Don't worry,

Just Don't do wheelies!!!

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Senior Moment - front fork design on Superdream.
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on March 09, 2025, 09:26:39 AM
Thanks Bryan, the penny has dropped 👍👍👍
Title: Re: Senior Moment - front fork design on Superdream.
Post by: Bryanj on March 09, 2025, 09:53:12 AM
I take thats a real penny not this decermalazid shite!
Title: Re: Senior Moment - front fork design on Superdream.
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on March 09, 2025, 10:28:15 AM
I take thats a real penny not this decermalazid shite!

A proper penny coin.

Queen Victoria on one side, with seated Brittania female figure  holding a trident to symbolize our past Naval power.