Honda-SOHC
General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Ty Bland on March 21, 2025, 01:51:48 PM
-
Hi all. New to the forum but quite long in the tooth. Started riding in 1981 with a brand new CB250RSA from Hallets in Csmterbury. Rickman Tempest fairing, crash bars (luckily) , rear carrier and a large topbox. Killed it many times, accidents and blew up three engines 🤷â€â™‚ï¸. Clearly needed a bigger bike lol. Gave it away dead in 1985-86 and managed to get it back in 2012. Bought bits for it, but still sitting in my garage, insured and registered classic vehicle. So road legal. Far too many other projects (bikes) and mainly life events for the last few years to do what I'd intended. Hopefully the opportunity will return.
-
Welcome to the forum, fair bit of interest on here for the RS too.
-
Hello Ty
Welcome here, ;D lots of expertise to benefit from. I rode about ...mmmm..four or was it five CB250 RS's during the 1980's as a dispatch rider. The pic here is my last one, I managed, with the help of some rebuilds to wring 77,000 miles out of it!
-
Hi Ty and welcome to the forum, I do hope you can find the time to resurrect your old steed, and we look forward to following 5he journey!😜
-
Welcome to the forum Ty. There's a lot of love on here for the CB250RSA and fair to say a few of us owned these great bikes back in the day.
I rebuilt my old bike back in pre-covid times, here's a link to the thread that you may find useful:
https://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,11929.0.html
-
Noted quite a few bikes in your stables. I'm not the only one then, despite what my wife thinks. 👍
-
Welcome to the SOHC Forum, quite a few serial bike collectors/owners here. 8) 8) 8)
Were a bit like AA except with one big difference we openly encourage our particular addiction. ;D ;D ;D