Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Athame57 on March 23, 2025, 07:24:57 PM

Title: US model rear fender for UK model
Post by: Athame57 on March 23, 2025, 07:24:57 PM
It seems the only way one can get a new rear fender for a UK spec CB400F is to modify a US spec one, which is available on the DSS site. They say: ' Although this is specific to the USA models, it can be used on UK and European models, although the lower mounting holes for the tail light bracket would have to be re-drilled.'
Has anyone done this? The drilling job itself I would get someone else to do but what I want to know is are you left with now obsolete holes visible to the eye?
Title: Re: US model rear fender for UK model
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on March 23, 2025, 10:56:18 PM
Were there not some being made in Vietnam a while back or was that just for the 500?
Title: Re: US model rear fender for UK model
Post by: Oddjob on March 23, 2025, 11:31:55 PM
Why not just use the USA mounting bracket?
Title: Re: US model rear fender for UK model
Post by: Athame57 on March 23, 2025, 11:59:35 PM
Why not just use the USA mounting bracket?
I didn't realise that. However a search on CMSL and DSS drew a blank, discontinued.  ::)  So getting this item, which might be expensive, is the first hurdle!  :o
Title: Re: US model rear fender for UK model
Post by: Oddjob on March 24, 2025, 04:31:20 AM
Just identify what it looks like and find one on American eBay and buy it. Roo is over in the USA right now and I’m sure he’d bring it back for you.
Title: Re: US model rear fender for UK model
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on March 24, 2025, 12:34:14 PM
Does this one fit?

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/365382466765
Title: Re: US model rear fender for UK model
Post by: Athame57 on March 24, 2025, 01:46:19 PM
Does this one fit?

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/365382466765
Providing it is the same as UK model ( seller in France) I think it would.  I appreciate this, but I neglected to say it's not a priority. My current priority is a new rear wheel rim, now I've found a wheel lacer I can reach! My budget demands I do biggish jobs one at a time lol!  ;) 
Title: Re: US model rear fender for UK model
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on March 24, 2025, 03:26:52 PM
Just flagging up what's available, I also came across the 500 0nes made in Vietnam, shipping will be expensive.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404078795909
Title: Re: US model rear fender for UK model
Post by: exvalvesetdabbler on March 24, 2025, 06:37:17 PM
I have just done similar, just need to drill a middle hole in the lower part of the UK tail light bracket.

https://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,31830.0.html

Regards
Dave

Title: Re: US model rear fender for UK model
Post by: Athame57 on March 24, 2025, 07:11:22 PM
I have just done similar, just need to drill a middle hole in the lower part of the UK tail light bracket.
Dave, thanks for this. I've saved the page you linked to a folder for when I get to do the job.  :)
Title: Re: US model rear fender for UK model
Post by: exvalvesetdabbler on March 24, 2025, 08:28:09 PM
The other thing to note is that the uk mudguard curves round 2 inches more than the US one. So looking from the rear, with uk mudguard and tail light bracket you'll see a bit of mudguard showing at the bottom of the number plate, with the US one you won't unless you swap out that big yellow air brake for something a bit smaller.

Regards
Dave
Title: Re: US model rear fender for UK model
Post by: Athame57 on March 24, 2025, 09:29:52 PM
So looking from the rear, with uk mudguard and tail light bracket you'll see a bit of mudguard showing at the bottom of the number plate, with the US one you won't unless you swap out that big yellow air brake for something a bit smaller.
I seem to have achieved that already, my bike is on the left.  ;)
Title: Re: US model rear fender for UK model
Post by: Laverdaroo on March 25, 2025, 01:52:54 AM
Well if you do find one and want it from a salvage yard etc, let me know then you can have it shipped to me and I’ll bob it in my suitcase for you and drag it back. It might not be a priority but while I’m here and all that???


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: US model rear fender for UK model
Post by: Oddjob on March 25, 2025, 02:52:18 AM
When he’s not too busy molesting fish that is, Roo that is, not you George.
Title: Re: US model rear fender for UK model
Post by: Athame57 on March 25, 2025, 03:30:23 AM
Well if you do find one and want it from a salvage yard etc, let me know then you can have it shipped to me and I’ll bob it in my suitcase for you and drag it back. It might not be a priority but while I’m here and all that???
Thanks for this Roo!  ;D
Title: Re: US model rear fender for UK model
Post by: Athame57 on March 25, 2025, 03:32:04 AM
When he’s not too busy molesting fish that is, Roo that is, not you George.
Fish need LOVE too!  ;D