Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: martin_uk on March 28, 2025, 10:56:13 AM

Title: Motorbike moving dolly/skate
Post by: martin_uk on March 28, 2025, 10:56:13 AM
My bikes are quite tight in my sheds and it can be difficult to move around, especially as I get older !

I find myself trying to lift rear of my CB750F1 and hoping I dont bugger up my back.

Had a look on Ebay and saw these  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/388118190891?_skw=motorbike+mover+dolly&itmmeta=01JQE5M01TWR78G9QE433GXZTH&itmprp=enc%3AAQAKAAAA0FkggFvd1GGDu0w3yXCmi1dsN1UN4SiDIyZqO736aElrqfFZzvUGwsoiGrwjhZmwYZI3lfRjSD5rWS2tjtVhs8HxtaLDLzCk2o2RXQM0kooPPOCdL0PEXbCGFqPQAJTwAKs7ZpAiOEcwzXr9RgBd5KAQ4uVgvroYSV%2Fl8WntTy3%2BfVcWxHhaAbbWgqJAOP4LozoIeiOE2raFcqug95u1XLKvZUp2xrKH5znfC2423jz5xdc1OO17wqm4eXtiV%2FT6Q6QaRV9RKcg0boPbkAcoCPA%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR5CB0MW7ZQ (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/388118190891?_skw=motorbike+mover+dolly&itmmeta=01JQE5M01TWR78G9QE433GXZTH&itmprp=enc%3AAQAKAAAA0FkggFvd1GGDu0w3yXCmi1dsN1UN4SiDIyZqO736aElrqfFZzvUGwsoiGrwjhZmwYZI3lfRjSD5rWS2tjtVhs8HxtaLDLzCk2o2RXQM0kooPPOCdL0PEXbCGFqPQAJTwAKs7ZpAiOEcwzXr9RgBd5KAQ4uVgvroYSV%2Fl8WntTy3%2BfVcWxHhaAbbWgqJAOP4LozoIeiOE2raFcqug95u1XLKvZUp2xrKH5znfC2423jz5xdc1OO17wqm4eXtiV%2FT6Q6QaRV9RKcg0boPbkAcoCPA%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR5CB0MW7ZQ)


Interested in others experience and recommendations
Title: Re: Motorbike moving dolly/skate
Post by: Laverda Dave on March 28, 2025, 05:45:34 PM
My bikes are quite tight in my sheds and it can be difficult to move around, especially as I get older !

I find myself trying to lift rear of my CB750F1 and hoping I dont bugger up my back.

Had a look on Ebay and saw these  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/388118190891?_skw=motorbike+mover+dolly&itmmeta=01JQE5M01TWR78G9QE433GXZTH&itmprp=enc%3AAQAKAAAA0FkggFvd1GGDu0w3yXCmi1dsN1UN4SiDIyZqO736aElrqfFZzvUGwsoiGrwjhZmwYZI3lfRjSD5rWS2tjtVhs8HxtaLDLzCk2o2RXQM0kooPPOCdL0PEXbCGFqPQAJTwAKs7ZpAiOEcwzXr9RgBd5KAQ4uVgvroYSV%2Fl8WntTy3%2BfVcWxHhaAbbWgqJAOP4LozoIeiOE2raFcqug95u1XLKvZUp2xrKH5znfC2423jz5xdc1OO17wqm4eXtiV%2FT6Q6QaRV9RKcg0boPbkAcoCPA%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR5CB0MW7ZQ (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/388118190891?_skw=motorbike+mover+dolly&itmmeta=01JQE5M01TWR78G9QE433GXZTH&itmprp=enc%3AAQAKAAAA0FkggFvd1GGDu0w3yXCmi1dsN1UN4SiDIyZqO736aElrqfFZzvUGwsoiGrwjhZmwYZI3lfRjSD5rWS2tjtVhs8HxtaLDLzCk2o2RXQM0kooPPOCdL0PEXbCGFqPQAJTwAKs7ZpAiOEcwzXr9RgBd5KAQ4uVgvroYSV%2Fl8WntTy3%2BfVcWxHhaAbbWgqJAOP4LozoIeiOE2raFcqug95u1XLKvZUp2xrKH5znfC2423jz5xdc1OO17wqm4eXtiV%2FT6Q6QaRV9RKcg0boPbkAcoCPA%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR5CB0MW7ZQ)


Interested in others experience and recommendations

That looks ideal. I need to look at getting a couple of those as at the moment space is so tight in my garage I don't have the room to put the bikes on the centre stands and can only use the side stands. The dolly would allow me to use the centre stands and get the bikes closer together. I could maybe even get enough room for another bike😁.
Title: Re: Motorbike moving dolly/skate
Post by: Harold 400/4 on March 29, 2025, 09:35:05 AM
Hi Martin. I have one of these going spare if you’re interested?
My brother in law has a carpet/flooring shop, and he very kindly laid a pukka vinyl floor in my shed. He also sorted me some squares of ply with carpet glued to one side. So for each bike, I put the centre stand on the section of ply, carpet downwards, and the bikes slide across the floor pretty easily. Hence the dolly is going spare!
Let me know if you’re interested in the dolly. I'm not a million miles from you, so could easily drop it off. Cheers
Title: Re: Motorbike moving dolly/skate
Post by: Johnny4428 on March 29, 2025, 10:21:46 AM
Vinyl in the shed! That’s what I need while the ply floor is reasonably clean still to lay on. Like the idea of the ply and carpet tile bike slider!👍😜
Title: Re: Motorbike moving dolly/skate
Post by: Alimacdee2 on March 30, 2025, 11:04:37 PM
Hi,  I use a couple of these dollys and find them useful space saving devices for turning the bikes to face out, the only problem is the with the slight extra height of the dolly and weight of the CB750 getting it on to the centre stand needs a good lift,  an easy hernia saver is a slab of wood under the rear wheel raises it making it much easier to mount the dolly, no pun intended!