Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on April 03, 2025, 01:42:38 PM
-
One owner, be interesting to see what is sells for, assuming it makes reserve, 4 current bidders.
https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions/1980-honda-cb750-ss-seeley-special-45oNzg?bsft_aaid=a5ce63ed-6419-48b8-adb6-8692f74daf04&bsft_bk=block1&bsft_clkid=91b5455b-bd79-4571-99eb-a5f5964d9526&bsft_eid=c626c1c3-7a2f-eb5e-c898-7ce9ab71b433&bsft_ek=2025-04-03T07%3A00%3A00Z&bsft_lx=9&bsft_mid=5fedb6b8-8e5c-458f-9fb4-ce0ac86b5963&bsft_mime_type=html&bsft_pid=9016a014-1396-472c-8c9c-e338e0e3a62d&bsft_pp=1&bsft_tv=66&bsft_txnid=4c7dafd5-df4c-4fb1-9b15-d025687823b1&bsft_uid=90a00ed2-99f0-4b9d-a501-f50a8b66c44a&utm_campaign=targeted-uk-new-design-automated-email-0-90-daily-02-10-24&utm_content=targeted-uk-new-design-automated-email-0-30-daily-22-07-24&utm_medium=email&utm_source=blueshift
-
Thats an odd one is that Ted.
That's because, as far as I can see from photos, it's not a Serley frame but std Honda F2 750 of that era. A Honda in a frock in other words.
I'm prepared to be wrong on this .... buuuut, Mr Seeley I don't recall manufacturing all the original Honda type frame junction and specifically the "gussets" used, which are presented on this bike.
As I understood it, he was commissioned to sell off final run of that 750 which was slow moving in UK market against newer design and stock.
I've got one here (not mine) original and bought from that dealer too ! Still in original ownership, to which I'm comparing. That one on a V plate.
They got the history of running Brabham (for Mr Eccleston) right, think it was way past tube frames at that point though, with more sheet monocoque arrangement.
-
Highest bid £4k reserve not met.
-
Its no surprise as the owner description seems unaware that it's not a Seeley framed bike. Very strange.
-
Its no surprise as the owner description seems unaware that it's not a Seeley framed bike. Very strange.
My thoughts exactly Nigel. A real Seeley 750 was made using his own frame and to my knowledge pre-dated the PRR and the later Seeley modified CB750F2 following the Honda fall out with Phil Read. I think the Seeley frame was also nickel plated and had a small cockpit fairing and not the full fairing as fitted to the bike advertised.
-
This is a photo of a Seeley with a Seeley frame and the cockpit fairing.
-
Either false in representation (but the paperwork and details seem very genuine) or the owner doesn't know the difference.
The first giveaway is that std swiingarm easily visible in images. The Seeley item being so very different in construction. Uses the F2 aluminium casting for all foot control, pegs etc too and again I've not been aware of on the bespoke frame.
Quite odd such a thorough marketing, but not understood what it is.
-
It looks increasingly like a scam, especially if the bike is being sold from the vendors home not physically at the auction premises?
-
Luvverly .... if this is right..I also have a Seeley frame on my F2.
( I don't. That is a stock F2 frame. Complete with stock swingarm, centre stand mount and rear engine mounts/gussets )