Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Athame57 on April 13, 2025, 07:40:27 PM
-
Is anyone else planning on going to it? I used to go to the Chelsea cruise each month as did many who rode along with it or just goofed at the retro cars (and odd bike) from the Chelsea bridge which was home to a huge bike gathering on weekend evenings, (alas died off seemingly designed out of existence by traffic restrictions. ::) ) You can keep track by visiting or joining The Chelsea Cruise Facebook page also. ;)
-
I remember the Chelsea cruise George. I think the tea hut is still there but not sure if it still sells tea these days or designer lattes for the residents in the fancy new flats located all along the street. I did on a couple of occasions participate in the high speed ride from Chelsea Bridge to the Heston Services on the M4 which was quite a 'thing' to do back in the day and before the blight of speed and average speed cameras.
When I worked above the huge Victoria Coach Station I used to do a 5 mile run during my lunch hour and run over the bridge, past the tea hut, around Battersea Park and back, happy days😁.
-
I remember the Chelsea cruise George. I think the tea hut is still there but not sure if it still sells tea these days or designer lattes for the residents in the fancy new flats located all along the street.
The tea hut has been replaced by an expensive burger wagon on the other side. They seem to have designed the bike gathering out of things! Some of the behaviour by a minority of half mad stuntmen probably had something to do with it mind.
-
When I say ‘High speed run to Heston Services’ I was of course on my 400/4 and I couldn’t stay with a ‘Slabby’ or a GPZ900 once we got past the traffic lights at Chelsea Bridge! I would arrive at Heston Services stone last (usually behind the Morris Minor I'd have diced with) and I would have to buy the teas :-\. That's the reason why I only did it twice! Of course I put my slowness down to having a red 400/4F and not the faster yellow model with the stock factory blueprinted engine etc, etc......yawn ::).