Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Grewth on May 14, 2025, 09:13:45 PM

Title: Hello All
Post by: Grewth on May 14, 2025, 09:13:45 PM
Hi everyone.
I've just returned to Honda Four ownership twenty five years after I sold my last one, a CB550F1.
Now I'm now the proud owner (since the 20th April) of a CB750F1 in a thousand pieces.
I've been working on bikes for nearly fifty years,  but the rules of the game seem to have changed now.
I can remember getting bits rechromed without having to remortgage the house.
Expect loads of dumb questions,  I've been away from SOHC Honda's for much too long.
Title: Re: Hello All
Post by: Johnny4428 on May 14, 2025, 10:03:56 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum. You have come to a great place here with quite a number of very knowledgable and helpful members willing to give you honest opinions. Great banter too! Look forward to your future posts and following your progress.
Title: Re: Hello All
Post by: Laverda Dave on May 16, 2025, 09:51:12 AM
Welcome to the forum.
Nothing old bike related is cheap anymore from spare parts to chroming (as you've discovered), vapour blasting, painting etc. just grit you teeth and do it, the end result will be worth it, just don't add up the bills😲.
Title: Re: Hello All
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 16, 2025, 10:40:14 AM
Welcome to the forum.
Title: Re: Hello All
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on May 16, 2025, 10:44:32 AM
Welcome to the Forum Grewth, a lot of knowledge & help is available here.
Title: Re: Hello All
Post by: Athame57 on May 16, 2025, 11:04:48 AM
Welcome to the forum, you're in good company! ;D
Title: Re: Hello All
Post by: andy120t on May 16, 2025, 06:47:42 PM
Welcome aboard!