Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => Other Bikes => Topic started by: Nurse Julie on May 17, 2025, 04:32:48 PM

Title: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 17, 2025, 04:32:48 PM
Trigger decided he liked his Transalp that much, he has bought another 🙄🙄🙄.
I must admit, they are great bikes, not that I can ride either of them as I really can't touch the ground safely 😭😭😭. I'll stick to my Honda fours 😁😁😁.

[attachimg=1]

Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Johnwebley on May 17, 2025, 04:38:37 PM
So, what's happening to the  CDs?


Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Athame57 on May 17, 2025, 04:55:46 PM
.
I must admit, they are great bikes, not that I can ride either of them as I really can't touch the ground safely 😭😭😭.

There is a solution Julie, why not stitch them together, like in a sidecar outfit? This sort of thing was pioneered in WW2 to cope with very long flights ...and...and...

(https://www.nasa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/michael_olearys_first_flight.jpeg?w=2000)
Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 17, 2025, 05:17:01 PM
So, what's happening to the  CDs?


Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Still got the CD250u's John. I still have my 500/4 and 550/4 and Graham has his 750/4.

[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 17, 2025, 05:17:49 PM
.
I must admit, they are great bikes, not that I can ride either of them as I really can't touch the ground safely 😭😭😭.

There is a solution Julie, why not stitch them together, like in a sidecar outfit? This sort of thing was pioneered in WW2 to cope with very long flights ...and...and...

(https://www.nasa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/michael_olearys_first_flight.jpeg?w=2000)

Worth a thought George 😂😂😂😂😂
Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Bryanj on May 17, 2025, 05:51:11 PM
Those CD are reproducing sure there were only 2 last time i saw you two!!
Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Athame57 on May 17, 2025, 05:59:20 PM
Those CD are reproducing sure there were only 2 last time i saw you two!!
Well....maybe they are!  ;D
Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 17, 2025, 06:29:04 PM
Those CD are reproducing sure there were only 2 last time i saw you two!!
One is in Greece Bryan. There were 4 at one stage but I sold one.
Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Athame57 on May 17, 2025, 09:57:21 PM


One is in Greece Bryan. There were 4 at one stage but I sold one.

I thought you said grease for a moment!  :o Long term lay sprung to mind.  ;)
Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Johnny4428 on May 18, 2025, 07:39:21 AM
Nice line up of the 250s Julie! Any colour as long as it’s Blue?🤣 These transalps are rock solid bikes, lovely pair!🫢
Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Laverda Dave on May 18, 2025, 09:29:47 PM
I thought you were supposed to be downsizing Julie  :o
Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 19, 2025, 08:43:39 AM
I thought you were supposed to be downsizing Julie  :o
Well, yes, that was the plan Dave 😂😂😂😂. I don't think Graham will keep both of the Transalps. We are off to Europe next week on the first one Graham bought, which has done 9000 miles. The latest one has only done 2000 miles with full history. The chap bought it, never did any touring on it, basically only rode it to and from MOT and to have it serviced each year, then decided to sell it.
Anyways, I'm sticking to the plan, I haven't bought any more bikes, yet 😁😁😁😁.
Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on May 19, 2025, 09:37:38 AM
Where abouts in Europe you off too Julie??
Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 19, 2025, 09:43:55 AM
Where abouts in Europe you off too Julie??
France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy, Austria.
No sat nav, just a hand drawn map stuck to the tank with sticky tape 😂😂😂
Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Johnwebley on May 19, 2025, 09:47:19 AM
Where abouts in Europe you off too Julie??
France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy, Austria.
No sat nav, just a hand drawn map stuck to the tank with sticky tape
I can recommend Bavaria,

Tyrol

Switzerland and the lakes in north Italy

Enjoy

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on May 19, 2025, 10:05:12 AM
Where abouts in Europe you off too Julie??
France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy, Austria.
No sat nav, just a hand drawn map stuck to the tank with sticky tape 😂😂😂

Thats the best way no Sat Nav you learn and appreciate more. How long you taking to do it?
Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Athame57 on May 19, 2025, 12:00:43 PM
Where abouts in Europe you off too Julie??
France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy, Austria.
No sat nav, just a hand drawn map stuck to the tank with sticky tape 😂😂😂
Sounds like a rehash of the Magic Mystery Tour beckons!  ;D
Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on May 19, 2025, 07:23:46 PM
My brother cycled from Derby to Klagenfurt in Southern Austria about 8 years ago, he used maps, hardest part he said was getting out of Rotterdam from the Ferry Port.  He took his time as it was not a race, about 3 weeks with my Mums ashes in his  rear panniers.
I met him in Klagenfurt (via Ryanair) to scatter our Mums ashes in the Church in Maria Rain where she was Babtised.
He flew back to the UK with his bike in the hold.
Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 20, 2025, 08:34:28 PM
Where abouts in Europe you off too Julie??
France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy, Austria.
No sat nav, just a hand drawn map stuck to the tank with sticky tape 😂😂😂

Thats the best way no Sat Nav you learn and appreciate more. How long you taking to do it?
A couple of weeks Tim. As I'm riding pillion, I think that's going to be plenty long enough as a back seat rider 😂😂😂😂
Title: Re: Twin twins makes four 😁😁😁
Post by: Johnny4428 on May 22, 2025, 09:59:29 AM
My brother cycled from Derby to Klagenfurt in Southern Austria about 8 years ago, he used maps, hardest part he said was getting out of Rotterdam from the Ferry Port.  He took his time as it was not a race, about 3 weeks with my Mums ashes in his  rear panniers.
I met him in Klagenfurt (via Ryanair) to scatter our Mums ashes in the Church in Maria Rain where she was Babtised.
He flew back to the UK with his bike in the hold.

That’s quite a cycle Ted! Brilliant achievement and quite a final journey for your mum.