Honda-SOHC

General => Announcements => Topic started by: SteveD CB500K0 on May 20, 2025, 04:53:16 PM

Title: Avatars
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on May 20, 2025, 04:53:16 PM
Following the recent server migration, some of you may have noticed that some attachment images and avatars have gone.

I took this up with the hosting company and they admitted that they don't keep the original folders for mote than a couple of days, expecting any issues to be reported to them.
In our case, I was having so much trouble with access, Error 400s, TapaTalk etc that this time had run out by the time I got round to complaining about the missing images.

I have a backup from 2018...   I know, it's the last time I did it.

I've managed to rescue a few and have uploaded them to the individual's profile, but I'm afraid that the others have gone forever.

If you are a member on the USA site, I can probably get Glenn to copy your avatar from there, otherwise I'm afraid you'll have to upload a new one.

Sorry.
Title: Re: Avatars
Post by: Johnny4428 on May 20, 2025, 05:52:42 PM
If it’s just down to avatars for us minions I’m sure we can upload or renew. (Sorry should just speak for myself)Thanks for getting us back on to the forum, sounds like there is been a bit of head scratching along the way!
Title: Re: Avatars
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 20, 2025, 08:36:13 PM
I'm sure we can sort that out Steve.
Thanks for sorting out the issues.
Title: Re: Avatars
Post by: Laverda Dave on May 21, 2025, 09:51:19 AM
No problem with uploading a new Avatar Steve it's a simple task.
I have noticed however any previous photos uploaded in threads have all gone although the photo description remains it is accompanied by a paper clip icon as though it's an attachment but no image.
The site though is becoming more busy as it was pre migration.
I reflect what others have said, thanks for continuing to do an excellent job👍.
Title: Re: Avatars
Post by: Johnny4428 on May 22, 2025, 09:55:06 AM
I’m getting the same Dave.
Title: Re: Avatars
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on May 22, 2025, 11:12:09 AM
Images/photos are all stored in the same “attachments” folder.

There’s no way back I’m afraid.

Should have taken a backup before moving servers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Avatars
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 22, 2025, 06:32:46 PM
Images/photos are all stored in the same “attachments” folder.

There’s no way back I’m afraid.

Should have taken a backup before moving servers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What, all our photos have gone for good  :( :( :( If that's the case, that's pretty darn tragic for us forum members and people that look at our threads  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Title: Re: Avatars
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on May 22, 2025, 07:18:52 PM
My photos look to be unafected, I use the BBCode link from Flikr
If I delete the photo from Flikr then it's gone