Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: K2-K6 on November 21, 2010, 09:10:41 PM

Title: CR 750 rear brake
Post by: K2-K6 on November 21, 2010, 09:10:41 PM
Did anybody see that picture of a CR750 rear wheel including drum and TLS brake plate in Motorcycle Mechanics this month?

Pictured for sale at the stafford show and appeared to have a price of
Title: Re: CR 750 rear brake
Post by: ttr400 on November 25, 2010, 07:40:04 AM
Would like to have seen that, was it a genuine CR part?

Here is a pic of my replica CR Hub from Italy, also magnesium. very nice quality.

Kevin
Title: Re: CR 750 rear brake
Post by: K2-K6 on November 26, 2010, 06:20:28 PM
It was just a single picture from about the 9 o'clock angle of your pic, so looking toward the rearmost cam pivot toward the front of the installation. It looked very close to your pic and was a complete wheel with alloy rim.

It appeared to be not new but unless seen for real I've no way of telling.

That replica looks really good, are you building it into a replica CR?
Title: Re: CR 750 rear brake
Post by: ttr400 on November 27, 2010, 04:14:06 AM
Thanks, yes I am building a CR D Mann replica, will post more pics when I am further along. Off to Kyalami right now.

Kevin
Title: Re: CR 750 rear brake
Post by: K2-K6 on November 28, 2010, 08:27:01 PM
Sounds good, I really like that era and have seen a few pictures of them (the CRs) but never in the flesh.

I do feel that this bike and engine are the true tipping point of older to modern thinking of bikes in general, don't think they had any CRs in the uk. Bike racing seemed to go from brit / exotic euro straight into the 2 stroke multis.
Title: Re: CR 750 rear brake
Post by: lledlaw on December 22, 2010, 12:22:15 PM
The hub was genuine (ex the late Alfie Briggs stock of parts). There was a frame for sale too, daytona style lowered headstock and genuine from the same source. 

The italian hubs are good I use one of a replica bike a few years ago.

Steve
Title: Re: CR 750 rear brake
Post by: K2-K6 on December 22, 2010, 08:12:44 PM
Thanks for that Steve, I looked at the photo again and you can see all the details looked authentic. It's just nice to some of that specially made stuff for real as some of the designs were really nice.

I used to be able to wander around the paddocks as a boy almost unchecked and was fascinated with all the details and engineering around, still like to go to festival of speed for the same reason.

For me, some of the design and production of these things is equally as good as art and with more function to boot.