Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => Anorak's Corner => Topic started by: Grewth on June 04, 2025, 09:57:37 PM

Title: Top yoke interchange - serious Anorak input needed
Post by: Grewth on June 04, 2025, 09:57:37 PM
Anyone out there who knows the Honda fours well enough to say if there's a difference between the 750F1 top yoke and the item fitted to the 550F ?
Yes it's a pretty petty thing but I don't want to blow £30 to £40 on a part that doesn't fit.
53230-392-000 is the 750 part number
53230-390-010 is the 550 part number.
My eye is pretty good at spotting differences, it looks like exactly the same die casting.
I'm wondering if there's a difference in the machining  ?
Is anyone enough of an Anorak to know the difference  ?
Title: Re: Top yoke interchange - serious Anorak input needed
Post by: Bryanj on June 04, 2025, 10:29:57 PM
Nope but also knowing honda if it was the same the part number would be the same, there has to be differences, possibly distance fork tube to steering stem?
Title: Re: Top yoke interchange - serious Anorak input needed
Post by: Grewth on June 05, 2025, 05:58:35 AM
Yes, was thinking along those lines.
I suppose that eventually,  if I collect enough SOHC bits, I'll find the answers myself.
I've got similar dumb questions regarding the similarities between the CB550 forks and the 750F1, and K7/K8.