Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: exvalvesetdabbler on June 23, 2025, 11:48:46 AM

Title: The old and the new out for a spin
Post by: exvalvesetdabbler on June 23, 2025, 11:48:46 AM
A bit windy yesterday but managed about 50 miles before my bottom went numb.  Pictured at one of  my usual spots for restoring circulation.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Regards
Dave

Title: Re: The old and the new out for a spin
Post by: Johnwebley on June 23, 2025, 06:11:42 PM
Very nice

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: The old and the new out for a spin
Post by: Athame57 on June 23, 2025, 06:34:35 PM
Pictured at one of  my usual spots for restoring circulation.
You climbed to the top of that thing?  :o Rather you than me!  ;D Nice pics by the way!  8)
Title: Re: The old and the new out for a spin
Post by: exvalvesetdabbler on June 23, 2025, 07:21:06 PM
Pictured at one of  my usual spots for restoring circulation.
You climbed to the top of that thing?  :o Rather you than me!  ;D Nice pics by the way!  8)

Don't worry , I wrapped the family jewels in aluminum foil as a precaution! 

On the survey ship I worked on , it was something we used to wind up new deck hands with if they had to go on top of the wheelhouse to change a nav' light, even though the radar was always put on standby before they went up.

Regards
Dave.
Title: Re: The old and the new out for a spin
Post by: Laverda Dave on June 23, 2025, 10:34:33 PM
What a lovely 400/4 8).
I had one in the same colour in the mid 1980’s, my second 400/4 at the time.
Title: Re: The old and the new out for a spin
Post by: Johnny4428 on June 24, 2025, 06:24:30 AM
That’s a lovely 400. What’s the other bike? I have not a clue about modern machines.
Title: Re: The old and the new out for a spin
Post by: Mikep328 on June 24, 2025, 07:02:34 AM
Nice looking bikes!   

Unrelated, I'm curious as to why some folks obscure the registration plate when they post pics of cars/bikes.  I've never done that but wondering if I should...
Title: Re: The old and the new out for a spin
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on June 24, 2025, 08:36:13 AM
Nice looking bikes!   

Unrelated, I'm curious as to why some folks obscure the registration plate when they post pics of cars/bikes.  I've never done that but wondering if I should...

Cloning the vehicle to avoid responsibility with fines etc which end up with you!
Title: Re: The old and the new out for a spin
Post by: exvalvesetdabbler on June 24, 2025, 02:49:36 PM
That’s a lovely 400. What’s the other bike? I have not a clue about modern machines.

Its one of those modern things made out of plastic , 2014 Yamaha XJ6 diversion -  I think

Dave
Title: Re: The old and the new out for a spin
Post by: exvalvesetdabbler on June 24, 2025, 02:59:49 PM
Nice looking bikes!   

Unrelated, I'm curious as to why some folks obscure the registration plate when they post pics of cars/bikes.  I've never done that but wondering if I should...

Cloning the vehicle to avoid responsibility with fines etc which end up with you!

A number plate known to be taxed and insured is more attractive for cloning than one from a car dealers forecourt.

Title: Re: The old and the new out for a spin
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 24, 2025, 03:30:24 PM
It's amazing what some folk will resort to when trying to evade tax or ring a stolen vehicle. Locally stealing number plates from vehicles parked on the road seems to be in fashion again.

I knew of a young lad who lived in Wales, he was courting my friends daughter, he did not own a car nor could he drive being a student at a local college. He received dozens of speeding tickets, parking fines in the post, soon followed by Summons to Magistrates Court over quite a large area extending towards London.

Someone had used his name and address to register the V5 document after purchasing a vehicle from an auction site for cash. It took over 18 months to clear his name including several court appearances where arrest warrants (with doorstep bail) had been issued. I dont think the Police ever caught the culprit, I'm going back to 2001/2002 era. Back then the power for Police to seize vehicles was very limited.
Title: Re: The old and the new out for a spin
Post by: Mikep328 on June 24, 2025, 06:11:21 PM
Wow, I had no idea of such things!