Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: mickwinf on June 27, 2025, 04:14:21 PM

Title: black hole
Post by: mickwinf on June 27, 2025, 04:14:21 PM
Anyone else got a black hole in their garage that eats tools and small parts? just spent over 30 mins of frustration trying to find a side panel badge I knew was there somewhere. finally found it under a piece of cardboard on my bench, but still missing a small sticker. Lazarus the 500 four is ready for the road for the first time this year so may have a little ride out tomorrow.
Title: Re: black hole
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 27, 2025, 04:24:22 PM
I'm pretty sure we have all have had similar experiences Mick, I've become worse in the last 18 months, I put something quite substatntial in a safe place, despite keeping my parts inventry system some things are too big to mislay - apparently not. ;D

I've not had my CB400/4 or CB500K1 running this year when  events at home overtook me.
I hope to rectify this situation sometime in July this year, in the meantime I've periodically maintained the batteries so I'm optimistic that they will both have an outing later this year.



Title: Re: black hole
Post by: Johnwebley on June 27, 2025, 04:28:52 PM
I can testify about a black hole,

I dropped a 1/4 drive Allen key, 10 days ago, still can't find it,

Go for it Ted

You deserve some me and bike time

It will help you relax and cope

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: black hole
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 27, 2025, 04:38:16 PM
I can testify about a black hole,

I dropped a 1/4 drive Allen key, 10 days ago, still can't find it,

Go for it Ted

You deserve some me and bike time

It will help you relax and cope

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

I'm on hold until after a meeting at the Stroke Rehab Unit (SRU) next Tuesday this might give me a bit of a road map for what the future holds. Whatever the outcome I plan to have a ride out firstly on the 400/4 then hopefully the 500. ;D
Title: Re: black hole
Post by: Bryanj on June 27, 2025, 05:18:25 PM
Best of luck Ted, hoping its good news,
As to black hole, my car has a big one! Used a set of diamond files and a 3/8 drive tap wrench at Johns garage in hereford last weekend, put them in the car and now cant find them!
Title: Re: black hole
Post by: mickwinf on June 27, 2025, 05:28:46 PM
Bryan the sticker I still can't find is the one you sent me.
Title: Re: black hole
Post by: Johnwebley on June 27, 2025, 06:07:10 PM
Best of luck Ted, hoping its good news,
As to black hole, my car has a big one! Used a set of diamond files and a 3/8 drive tap wrench at Johns garage in hereford last weekend, put them in the car and now cant find them!
I have been looking in my garage Bryan,

Can't see them

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: black hole
Post by: Bryanj on June 27, 2025, 06:37:55 PM
Ted, dont worry i am sure they are in my car somewhere.

Mike, is that the sticker under the emblem saying Honda Motor Co, Tokyo Japan?
Title: Re: black hole
Post by: Johnny4428 on June 27, 2025, 06:56:28 PM
I’m still looking for that black hole! (just like Stephen Hawking 🤭) when I find it there’s going to be a lot of stuff in there that I lost over the years.😂😂
Best of luck to ya Ted! Hope you get some sort of good news and get your bike runs in.
Title: Re: black hole
Post by: mickwinf on June 27, 2025, 08:18:36 PM
Yes Bryan, it's there somewhere
Title: Re: black hole
Post by: Bryanj on June 27, 2025, 09:14:24 PM
What about the socks
Title: Re: black hole
Post by: Athame57 on June 27, 2025, 10:44:07 PM
I often have things I want to fit at some point under my nose all the time, and when I want it I can't find it. The latest thing was a dust seal for my rear brake drum, still havn't found it so I bought another.
Meanwhile the 10mm spanner remains the great escape artist of the toolbox.  ::) It helps to have many of them.  8)
Title: Re: black hole
Post by: Gromitdog on June 29, 2025, 09:05:19 AM
Hi Ted
Wishing you both Good Luck with the meet next Tuesday with SRU hope it goes well for you both and as you say hopefully it will give you a plan of where your going on this journey, Thinking of you and family.
Title: Re: black hole
Post by: Athame57 on June 29, 2025, 09:48:49 AM
What about the socks
KEYS I'll swear they have learnt to hide from us!  :o
Title: Re: black hole
Post by: ka-ja on June 29, 2025, 10:14:24 AM
every thing i cannot find is normally "tidied up" by my other 1/2 never to be seen again.
Title: Re: black hole
Post by: Bryanj on June 29, 2025, 05:28:37 PM
Been there seen that NEVER complain about it!!!