Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: polisher on November 24, 2010, 12:18:27 AM

Title: twin disk front wheel
Post by: polisher on November 24, 2010, 12:18:27 AM
Hi does anyone know if there is a twin disk spoked front wheel for the 750,  as i am building a chop and want spoked front instead of the F2 i have....... thanks......T
Title: Re: twin disk front wheel
Post by: Bryanj on November 24, 2010, 06:49:21 AM
Not that will fit with the forks/calipers/discs you have
Title: Re: twin disk front wheel
Post by: andy120t on November 27, 2010, 12:41:33 PM
My 400/4 wheel has holes all the way through the hub so it's easy enough to put a second disc on. It's mounted in 650 forks to give me caliper mounts and I've had to get new bearings & spacer made to make it fit. It's also relatively narrow, but that's not a problem for me.

So that would probably work. I'm not sure if the 550/750 wheels have holes al lthe way through the hub though. Anyone know?

 
Title: Re: twin disk front wheel
Post by: Yoshi823 on December 13, 2010, 09:14:01 PM
This might be hat you're looking for...
http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-gl1000-gold-wing-1976-usa_model7390/partslist/F++10.html (http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-gl1000-gold-wing-1976-usa_model7390/partslist/F++10.html)

The 750 & 550 wheels did have the bolts going all of the way through the hub.

(http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/Earlydays034.jpg)
Title: Re: twin disk front wheel
Post by: polisher on January 07, 2011, 08:16:19 AM
excellent will try and source a 750 wheel and a goldwing wheel and see which fits best...T
Title: Re: twin disk front wheel
Post by: Bryanj on January 07, 2011, 02:10:47 PM
Again neither with F2 discs, different number of bolt holes, nor calipers, different disc diameter
Title: Re: twin disk front wheel
Post by: cavapal on January 09, 2011, 10:32:13 AM
Hi, I'm in the same job, also own a 1978 F2 and trying to get rid off the comstar wheels, and repalce for a couple of wired ones.
Rear one, I think that the F1 one could fit, disc with 6 bolts, 296 mm same as F2 but I not sure about
the possiblity to use the same sprocket carrier.
 
Front one, the F2 has 2 disc of 276 with 5 bolts each, the F1 has 1 disc of 296 6 bolts, but as far as I know has also 6 bolts in the right side, in fact I saw K model with dual disc, but then the calipers on the F2 forks are in place for 276 discs, mmm >:(
(http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/6287/dualbrakecb.jpg) (http://img810.imageshack.us/i/dualbrakecb.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
I will follow up your progress also need to solve the problem...