Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => SOHC Singles & Twins => Topic started by: Laverda Dave on July 03, 2025, 05:27:34 PM

Title: TL125s Paint codes
Post by: Laverda Dave on July 03, 2025, 05:27:34 PM
I'm about to strip the paint off the TL125s tank ready for a respray. The tank has been repainted before, badly with very thick paint. The existing pattern is incorrect as well, the orange should extend down to the nose of the seat, it doesn't.
My question is does anyone know of the correct paint codes that should be used on the tank and side panels?
The main tank colour is silver (as are the side panels) with an orange(ish) panel that sweeps down to the nose of the seat. Separating the two colours is a black pinstripe (it's currently in gloss black but should it be matt black? If anyone knows of the Honda paint codes I'd appreciate some guidance. Being of 1976 vintage I wonder if Honda actually had paint codes then, they didn't for the Parakeet yellow used on the 1976 400/4 I restored last year!
Diego (Piki or Reddice on here (site sponsor)) has made up the new decals.
Title: Re: TL125s Paint codes
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on July 03, 2025, 06:40:00 PM
I noted this as image somewhere along the lines. Obviously equivalents in somebody's eyes but seen the question asked a number of times with no specific codes.

[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: TL125s Paint codes
Post by: Laverda Dave on July 03, 2025, 09:11:06 PM
Thanks Tim.
That gives me something to go on. I'll ask Tony the painter who I'll probably get to paint the tank to show me the colour swatches and see how they match up👍
Title: Re: TL125s Paint codes
Post by: sye on July 04, 2025, 07:07:40 AM
According to RS paints, the two colours are:
Tahitian Red
Special Silver Metallic
Title: Re: TL125s Paint codes
Post by: Laverda Dave on July 04, 2025, 02:30:46 PM
Thanks Sye, another colour to compare 👍