Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Member 4 Sales => Topic started by: Gromitdog on July 11, 2025, 10:11:03 AM

Title: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale
Post by: Gromitdog on July 11, 2025, 10:11:03 AM
This was brought by mistake thought it would fit a K3 but it does NOT. It is a original metal seat in very good condition with what feels like a leather cover, The label has not come out well in the picture & it says TRAVCL CANE which has been nicely fitted and comes complete with all the fittings These original seats are getting hard to find

Sorry I can't date this seat I can only go by what the guy emailed me when I asked him.

I would Like £150 for it ONO pls
Title: Re: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale
Post by: Johnny4428 on July 14, 2025, 07:07:30 AM
Hi Gromit, so annoying that when people don’t really know what they are selling! 1978 and P reg don’t equate.
Title: Re: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale
Post by: Gromitdog on July 14, 2025, 08:16:20 AM
Hi Jonny
It is also difficult when eBay sellers don't know what bike they took it off, I can only go by what they told me. So to save any hassle I removed dates and model from advert as I can't be sure of  its history
At worst I take it to a local auto boot sale.
Nige
Title: Re: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale
Post by: Johnny4428 on July 14, 2025, 10:20:32 PM
Yes indeed! Good luck with the sale, these original seats are getting a bit scarce, at least the ones that are not vermin infested and rotted out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale
Post by: TimS-Orby on August 12, 2025, 07:10:48 PM
Hmm.. would this fit a CB500 K2, perchance?
T
Title: Re: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale
Post by: Gromitdog on August 12, 2025, 07:14:56 PM
Hi
I am away until Friday this week happy try & help to see if it would
Cheers
Nige
Title: Re: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale
Post by: TimS-Orby on August 12, 2025, 07:16:27 PM
Excellent, Nige.
Speak soon,
T
Title: Re: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale
Post by: Gromitdog on November 02, 2025, 09:00:32 AM
Hi
Really sorry for such a long delay in replying to you question about the seat TBH you would have to ask Oddjob ( Ken ) if it would fit I think I have 2 of these still in the attic one is a fibreglass copy and one is a metal seat pan version.
I am not sure what Honda cb550the metal seat pan one came off of as I brought it on eBay but it does not fit my CB550 k3

Happy to send you a set of email pictures

Once again really sorry about the slow reply.

Nigel
Title: Re: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale
Post by: Bryanj on November 02, 2025, 09:20:41 AM
If it did come off a 550K2 it should fit a 500, only difference is pattern on cover
Title: Re: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale
Post by: Gromitdog on November 02, 2025, 12:23:15 PM
Hi Bryan
Good to hear from you unfortunately the guy who sold it to me from On eBay said it was from a
1978 550 K2 and it was a P reg

But as the year and the reg don't match I can't be sure the info he's given me is correct so not sure if it would be a K2 model

Nige
Title: Re: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale
Post by: Oddjob on November 02, 2025, 02:29:06 PM
Looking at the pan shape and where the support rubbers are positioned I’d say it should fit the 500 and the early 550k models, k1 and k2 but no later.
Title: Re: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale
Post by: Gromitdog on November 02, 2025, 02:36:03 PM
Hi Ken
Thank you for update & knowledge on all things Honda hopefully it will help Tim to decide if he want to go fwd with it for his project.
Nigel
Title: Re: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale
Post by: neat street on November 03, 2025, 08:37:56 AM
Hi Gromitdog, I would be interested in any that fit the 500. please advise what is available and cost? many thanks. Of course the other offer would get first dibs :-) please pm me.
Title: Re: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale
Post by: Gromitdog on November 06, 2025, 10:09:40 AM
Hi Neat Street

Sorry for the slow reply had a busy week I was looking for £150 as per post but as I still got it would happily take £125 if you're happy with that ? Think post age would be around £10

It is the K2 seat your interested in as per pictures at the top of this post ?

Best Regards
Nigel
Title: Re: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale
Post by: neat street on November 06, 2025, 12:36:11 PM
Perfect, thank you, please PM me your payment details, paypal is what I normaly use (pay as gift) if that is OK with you?
Title: Re: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale
Post by: Oddjob on November 06, 2025, 10:02:48 PM
Just a word of advise when fitting these seats.

I noticed when fitting a bare seat pan onto my bare frame that the seat did not fit well. Seat rubbers were misaligned and you needed to alter the hinge plate and even the bar holes on the frame in order to get them lined up. When they did the seat rocked a little back to front. This is because the rear rubber which is supposed to be against the cross member there isn’t. So what happens then is the seat pan cracks if a pillion is on the bike as the seat is essentially a seesaw. The pan cracks where the seat strap holes are. You need to fit a rubber spacer on the cross member about as thick as the rubber on the pan is at that point, about 3-4mm thick. This should provide the support needed and stop the pan breaking in 2.
Title: Re: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale
Post by: neat street on November 07, 2025, 08:19:50 AM
Thanks for the advise Ken, star as always :-)
Title: Re: HONDA CB550 K2 seat for sale. *** SOLD *** SOLD ***
Post by: Gromitdog on December 07, 2025, 03:12:56 PM
.