Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Johnny4428 on July 16, 2025, 11:00:01 AM

Title: T Cut
Post by: Johnny4428 on July 16, 2025, 11:00:01 AM
I have had reasonable results over the years with just fine wet and dry and buffing with T cut. But like a lot of products I think they have changed the formula. Anybody else here use this method and found the same? I just don’t think the T cut is as good. I can get a good shine but it’s taking twice as much work. Maybe I need a polisher/buffer?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: T Cut
Post by: Athame57 on July 16, 2025, 12:04:22 PM
I use T cut most on that patch my crotch causes on the fuel tank. (I nearly wrote that the wrong way around!  ;D ) No problems, but I think if T Cut was too good you'd end up with a bald patch or patches  :o in the paint. Maybe they have adjusted something?  8)
Title: Re: T Cut
Post by: Skoti on July 16, 2025, 01:14:17 PM
I have had reasonable results over the years with just fine wet and dry and buffing with T cut. But like a lot of products I think they have changed the formula. Anybody else here use this method and found the same? I just don’t think the T cut is as good. I can get a good shine but it’s taking twice as much work. Maybe I need a polisher/buffer?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, that T Cut seems to have has lost it's bite nowadays.

I been using Autoglym paint renovator, not cheap but at least it works.

https://www.autoglym.com/paint-renovator-500ml.html (https://www.autoglym.com/paint-renovator-500ml.html)


BTW
I've seen a lot of damage done to paint work with the over enthusiastic use of a buffing machine.
Title: Re: T Cut
Post by: Johnny4428 on July 16, 2025, 01:27:07 PM
Thanks for that Skoti! I’ll see if I can source that locally.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: T Cut
Post by: Johnny4428 on July 16, 2025, 06:40:23 PM
Tried it out this afternoon Skoti, that stuff works well. I have a full bottle of t cut that will be going in the trash!😡
Title: Re: T Cut
Post by: Seabeowner on July 16, 2025, 06:50:12 PM
I had good results with T cut cutting back paint before lacquering. You could see the paint removed on the rags. May not work so well over hard lacquer.
Title: Re: T Cut
Post by: Johnny4428 on July 16, 2025, 11:15:05 PM
Worked well the last time same make of lacquer. But I had an old bottle of T cut that I had for years but had to buy a new bottle recently, new stuff is shite.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: T Cut
Post by: neat street on July 17, 2025, 08:04:19 AM
cannot quote on `T Cut` but some paints are designed to be harder to avoid the light scratches that we do not want from every day use, and of course any cutting compound will have to work harder to compensate... just remember that there are different grades of compound from a coarse to ultra fine dependant on the job at hand, and as Athame57 advises, if it is too coarse you will soon go through the paint/laquare and have to do a repaint, and the gloss finish will depend on the grade used just like sand paper, the coarser grits will not give that deep shine, but will take away marks quicker :-)
Title: Re: T Cut
Post by: ka-ja on July 17, 2025, 10:12:22 AM
I think a lot of "old" chemicals for home use have been altered due to health and safety concerns over the past few years, coupled with production costs, it leads to less effective products, creosote is a good example, hard to get the real stuff now.
Title: Re: T Cut
Post by: Athame57 on July 17, 2025, 11:24:34 PM
Has everyone looked at their product range properly? You get a choice of colour matches now. Here is my tube of the universal RED version: