Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Desperately Seeking!! => Topic started by: OZZYSBIKES on July 20, 2025, 02:42:15 PM

Title: NGK XD05FR wanted
Post by: OZZYSBIKES on July 20, 2025, 02:42:15 PM
Hi,

Has anyone got or know a supplier that has the above NGK XD05FR plug caps, I've fitted new plugs that have built in resistance so I want the plug caps that have removable resistors, I've got three typically so want preferably two caps so that I have one spare, I remove the resistors and make a brass insert up so that I only have 5K resistance
Title: Re: NGK XD05FR wanted
Post by: Bloggs on July 20, 2025, 05:14:49 PM
Hi,  A quick search found this potential supplier. Claims stock!


https://www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk/ngk-xd05f-black-spark-plug-cap/1/005231
Title: Re: NGK XD05FR wanted
Post by: OZZYSBIKES on July 20, 2025, 05:20:58 PM
Hi

Thanks but it's the red ones I want, spurious black ones are common but I want to keep the original red ones (I am a bit anal about some stuff !), I might end up having to fit four black ones, also I don't want alternative spark plugs as I like the Denso iridium plugs with built-in 5K resistance
Title: Re: NGK XD05FR wanted
Post by: OZZYSBIKES on July 20, 2025, 05:27:07 PM
I have found a company called motorcycle parts store that are showing stock online so I've emailed them to confirm that they have physical stock
Title: Re: NGK XD05FR wanted
Post by: OZZYSBIKES on July 21, 2025, 11:45:43 AM
Well it shows that you should support your local shops, I went to Sprint motorcycle spares in Wakefield this morning and got the correct part XD05FR off the shelf, two for £9 a bargain

So all sorted now 👍