Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Athame57 on July 22, 2025, 11:37:37 AM

Title: Cleaning the black stuff.
Post by: Athame57 on July 22, 2025, 11:37:37 AM
Does anyone have a favorite product for cleaning up the black stuff like switch gear et al . There was something really good I used in the 1990s before my 20 year sabbatical from riding but I can't remember what it was anymore.  ::)
Title: Re: Cleaning the black stuff.
Post by: exvalvesetdabbler on July 22, 2025, 01:07:24 PM
Simonize Black Diamond, but they stopped making it. Use it on anything black in lieu of wax. It is black rather than clear like most of the current ( black bumper) offerings. Checked with their customer services as well. 

I'm just about out now so would be interested to see what the alternatives are.

Paint is wearing off my switchgear where gloves rub on it.

Black boot polish?


Regards
Dave
Title: Re: Cleaning the black stuff.
Post by: taysidedragon on July 22, 2025, 01:12:19 PM
I just spray some Mucoff on the bike when dirty and then wash it off.
It cleans most dirt off and leaves a good shine.
Other products do a similar job, SDoc100, Oxford Mint.
Title: Re: Cleaning the black stuff.
Post by: Athame57 on July 22, 2025, 07:17:19 PM

Black boot polish?

Only if you add spit!  :o

Title: Re: Cleaning the black stuff.
Post by: ST1100 on July 23, 2025, 10:27:21 AM
For a quick wipe-down I'm always happy with Original Bike Spirits Spray Cleaner & Polish (1039615)...