Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Member 4 Sales => Topic started by: oldtuggie on July 28, 2025, 08:35:39 PM
-
Hi all
Has anyone got a petcock for a 1977 550 four that they would like to sell please
-
You have shown two pictures of different petcocks. I presume you want the one shown from the CMNSL fiche?
-
Hi,
As far as I know the twin outlet tap is no longer available - I did try very hard to source one. I ended up with a single outlet tap from DS and used a T piece. There was insufficient flow at WOT, due to the filter screen being too fine, so 1&2 became starved. I swapped the coarser screen from the original tap which was stained but serviceable and now all is well. Let us know if you find a 2 outlet supply somewhere!
Ian
-
Hey Ian, there is a seller on Ebay with the two outlet 550f tap but it is a hefty £60
-
At £60 it aint genuine honda
-
Hi Dom,
Do you have the link to that twin outlet tap? I searched again but didn't find it. Might be worth a look but as Bryan said, it can't be gen Honda at £60 - they would be twice that and more.
Ian
-
Here’s one Ian not a genuine though!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/326525277641?_skw=honda+petcock&itmmeta=01K1SQQXC71RBAAW273TKK2Y05&hash=item4c066c55c9:g:cQoAAeSwM1Vn9rlV&itmprp=enc%3AAQAKAAAA0FkggFvd1GGDu0w3yXCmi1dqL59kkWCXnN7xHMzkOlyaf3oXSPx0QnkAg0pEjHzyfouBIr4oV88hevV8gBtjpD%2Bcc7mtE%2FqJH7OaxkkTvOneWjLSfpxXasF9AK9hHpeck73miD%2BWCFuG5aQDZcn7Hh7YAi664vcjsW4w%2FI5%2Fb9K3yWv5lNFB1ueTvVKiNihP7L%2BOgFZt1rrWcXvaGFuR2W4DI5Zo8hpOAjRfgRx%2BSxdR1TUKokQ%2F1k6hkkTFRFZ2OhvQwc13ONnMMqnwGRdTjn8%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR67W37eOZg
-
https://ebay.us/m/Z2LRJa
Same one as Johnny linked by the looks of it, they claim its Honda but it can't be.
-
Xxxx
-
https://ebay.us/m/Z2LRJa
Same one as Johnny linked by the looks of it, they claim its Honda but it can't be.
Cheaper that one Dom!😜 These look the part. The originals I have are made by Keihin which is stamped on the side. I would be interested to know what these are like.
-
Ad says description has been translated, so no idea of origin. If paypal protected it might be worth looking at. The filter screen looks very fine mesh but if both outlets work correctly it shouldn't be the same problem as a single outlet with T piece. Might have a go but I can't imagine being able to get at my T piece to connect to 1&2 without pulling the whole bank off - Grrrr!
Ian
-
I ordered a genuine Honda one from Japan from an eBay listing.
Followed the online tracking as far as UK Customs, then it never progressed any further.
Weird.
Got a full refund from eBay but it wasted four weeks of my time.
Bought a single outlet pattern one now.
Not ridden the bike yet, so I can't comment on the fuel starvation issue