Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Athame57 on August 06, 2025, 08:19:05 PM

Title: A missing part discovered again
Post by: Athame57 on August 06, 2025, 08:19:05 PM
Thanks to a post on CB400F Facebook group I've discovered another missing part on my bike.  :o  a spring at the pedal end of the rear brake rig, see pic. It is part number 46514377000
I've not noticed this in the seven years I've had the bike, nor have the numerous mechanics who have worked on her either. It begs the question, do I really need it? Your thoughts? 
Title: Re: A missing part discovered again
Post by: Bryanj on August 06, 2025, 08:26:57 PM
Its fine without until the brake operating cam or the pedal shaft starts to get gummed up in their holes then the brake will drag
Title: Re: A missing part discovered again
Post by: Athame57 on August 06, 2025, 08:43:28 PM
Its fine without until the brake operating cam or the pedal shaft starts to get gummed up in their holes then the brake will drag
Naff....  >:( I'd better get one then, DSS has them. I don't have a workshop so will fitting it myself be one of those jobs that's as bit a pain as a DIY tooth exraction?
Title: Re: A missing part discovered again
Post by: Bryanj on August 06, 2025, 09:32:56 PM
Yes because you have to remove the pedal pivot shaft and that goes inwards and usually the swing arm is in the way.
First bit to fit on a rebuild is the rear brake pedal shaft with spring!
Title: Re: A missing part discovered again
Post by: Athame57 on August 06, 2025, 10:06:45 PM
Yes because you have to remove the pedal pivot shaft and that goes inwards and usually the swing arm is in the way.
First bit to fit on a rebuild is the rear brake pedal shaft with spring!
Looks like a mechanics job again. If the swing arm is to come out I think I'll have the bushes changed at the same time, pre-emptive to them failing.