Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Ken4004 on August 11, 2025, 07:47:17 PM
-
Hi everyone
Just finishing off the last few jobs on my cb400 renovation and I am looking for a chain guard , looks like the are fairly rare and therefore difficult to find.
I did see one for sale new old stock for £250 which is astonishing, I would have thought if they were selling for that price someone would have started manufacturing them again.
For those of you that have acquired a mint example the question is where did you get it from and how much.
The current chain guard on my bike is really Bradley marked and dented so not really worth savaging.
Hopefully someone out there has some words of wisdom !
-
I thought I would just direct you to David Silver Spares, I got one of them six years ago and it has stood the test of time well. Alas, none in stock until further notice. Nothing on Ebay either. By putting the part number into google I came up with this, but beware of VAT as it is EU based: https://partscatalog.eu/en/Honda/p/40510377000P-case-drive-chain-honda.html
The part number btw is: 40510377000
-
Thanks for the info, I did check out DSS but as you say nil stock.
This however looks nice and the price is not too bad either I’ll make some enquires thanks again
-
You're welcome! ;)
-
AGAIN (a well-known Japanese company specializing in 400 Four) will have a bunch of them ready in September.