Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: OZZYSBIKES on August 12, 2025, 10:54:11 AM

Title: 550 float valve types
Post by: OZZYSBIKES on August 12, 2025, 10:54:11 AM
Hi,

Can anyone confirm the different types of float valve for the 550,s ? Mine is a K3 but it has the earlier (better, easier to set-up  ?) carbs so are all the float valves the same apart from the K3 ones which I know are different

T.I.A.
Jeff
Title: Re: 550 float valve types
Post by: deltarider on August 12, 2025, 12:09:46 PM
All CB500/550s except the K3 models have the same float parts.
Title: Re: 550 float valve types
Post by: OZZYSBIKES on August 12, 2025, 12:14:28 PM
Thanks very much,
Incredibly it was peeing out of number 2 carb and tried the usual things, I've just been and drained the bowl then turned fuel back on and not a drip ! Maybe a little bit of crap or stuck float (got to love these old bikes 🙂)