Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: simongi on December 03, 2010, 11:08:13 AM

Title: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: simongi on December 03, 2010, 11:08:13 AM
Hi . I am having trouble getting any info on getting the correct centre stand for my 78 F2. Does anyone have any good info/part no's or even better, actually have one stuffed in the back of the garage...?? cheers
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: AshimotoK0 on December 03, 2010, 12:16:53 PM
I have one stuffed in my shed for a 1977 K7 don't know if it will fit and centre pivot pipe needs freeing off and replacing
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: simongi on December 03, 2010, 04:11:51 PM
How much do you want for it. Send me a text (or call) if you want on 07899 757421 Cheers.
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: Bryanj on December 03, 2010, 04:45:37 PM
goggle motogrid look up the bike and part number on the LH side of the menu then cut and paste the part number into the RH  side and it will tell you what other models of Honda, if any, that part fits.

I could do it for you but then you dont learn
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: AshimotoK0 on December 03, 2010, 05:49:59 PM
How much do you want for it. Send me a text (or call) if you want on 07899 757421 Cheers.

The part no is different one has 405 (K7) in it and the other 410  (F2)  Bryan?

If you are interested 5 quid plus post but don't forget that the centre pipe is stuck in. Last one Freed I had to drill out on my K0

Cheers

Ash
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: simongi on December 04, 2010, 10:03:31 AM
Hi Ashimoto. Let me know your address and how much for postage and I'll get a cheque in the post for your stand. thanks
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: AshimotoK0 on December 04, 2010, 10:51:48 AM
Are you sure it will fit though?  I will PM BryanJ and ask him if he knows- failing that I can make measurements if you wish

Cheers

Ash

Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: simongi on December 04, 2010, 04:02:08 PM
Hi Guys. Bryan. Tried Motogrid, but Vin no's don't seem to tie up with any of their numbers (or am I missing something) My Vin is CB750G-100007797) Is this because its US bikes only?  Ash, if it helps the distance between the lugs is 130mm. Thanks. simon.
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: AshimotoK0 on December 04, 2010, 08:00:19 PM
I will check it tommorow and possibly send a pic

Cheers
Ash
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: AshimotoK0 on December 05, 2010, 12:44:57 PM
Hi - dug this literally out of my shed.  :D

Picture has dimensions. I can get it tumble blasted at work but would have to slip the guy a couple of quid !!

Cheers

Ash
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: simongi on December 05, 2010, 01:53:44 PM
Hi Ash. That looks like it may work. Let me know your costs via forum or phone, and I'll get a cheque off. (paypal is also an option). Don't worry about cleaning it up, I'm having my frame blasted and powder coated so the stand can be done at the same time. Thanks, Simon
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: Bryanj on December 07, 2010, 04:37:23 AM
I suspect the difference will be either stop where stand hits a bracket or exhaust and/or the bit you put your foot on as the K had 4 into 4 whilst the F was 4 into 1
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: F2 Paul 876 on December 11, 2010, 12:23:23 AM
This is a F2 main stand.
Paul
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: AshimotoK0 on December 11, 2010, 08:30:15 AM
Looks pretty similar to me.

Sorry for delay. it weighs between 3.5 and 4 Kg, packed and this is the best I can come up with postage wise.

Best rgds

Ash


Home > Delivery > Business delivery options - UK > Standard Parcels >
 
Standard Parcels
Overview
Details
Prices
FAQs
How to buy

See the table below for prices of our low cost Standard Parcels service, including packages of various different weights.

Maximum weight   Price
2kg    
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: simongi on December 13, 2010, 09:05:44 AM
Hi Ash. If you let me know your  address, I'll get a cheque off to you . Thanks. Simon
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: Yoshi823 on December 13, 2010, 08:27:58 PM
Back when I was modifying my 750F2 I cut out the frame tube & replaced it with Reynolds 531 chromoly steel tube in a weight loss programme. I never thought that anyone would need the stand itself so it was recycled like so many other 'heavy' items. But I still have the pivot pin if it's needed.
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: simongi on December 31, 2010, 12:12:11 PM
Hi ash. If your still out there I would very much like to buy your centre stand,Cheers
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: AshimotoK0 on December 31, 2010, 03:06:09 PM
Really sorry Simon :-[,
I will PM you my address

Cheers and seasons greetings

Ash
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: AshimotoK0 on January 02, 2011, 10:34:38 AM
Did you get my PM Simon?

Cheers

AshD
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: simongi on January 04, 2011, 08:50:40 AM
Hi Ash. Sorry for my forum ignorance but I don't know what PM means......?? If you can email me at simongillingham AT tiscaliDOTcoDOTuk it would be good.  Cheers .simon


Edited to remove obvious email address...
We don't want the spam bots signing you up  :)

PM = Personal Message: Go to the other users profile and click on "Send member a personal message" or click on the icon beneath their name on the left side of their posts

Steve
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: AshimotoK0 on January 21, 2011, 02:45:44 PM
Got your cheque Simon, thanks  and posted centre stand off today.
 you will need to remove the stuck pivot pin - I drilled out the one on my 750K0. took a while but all other methods failed (e.g. heat, hydraulic press etc.) The new centre pivot pipe is fairly cheap from Silvers.

Best regards,

Ash
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: simongi on February 07, 2011, 08:47:45 AM
Hi Ash

Centre stand arrived some time ago now (sorry not checked forum). Looks good. I'm planning to attack it today. Thanks again. Simon
Title: Re: CB750 f2 centre stand
Post by: AshimotoK0 on February 07, 2011, 10:55:58 AM
No Probs - glad it arrived OK. Its a real pain removing that seized pivot pipe but you will get it out in the end!! Trust me I did it on my 750K0. I struggled with every method and just wished I had drilled it out in the 1st place!!

Cheers

Ash