Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Jond99 on August 24, 2025, 01:28:48 PM
-
Xxx
-
Xxx
-
Nice project Jon. Strange pipes, and strange colour too. Good luck with it!
-
Xxx
-
Same pipes as 500 standard, Delkavik is good as complete kit
-
From dss uk site, everything will transfer but new cables and top brake hose would be better.
-
Routing of fuel tubes is prone to cause issues. I envy those little clamps though. Where can I get them?
-
Xxxx
-
Nice project Jon. Strange pipes, and strange colour too. Good luck with it!
Thanks.
Yes, pipes are not OE which was a shame, I’d like to get something more like the original 4 into 4’s. Colour, to my none expert eye looks pretty close to Flake Sunrise Orange from the pictures I’ve seen, possibly it isn’t.
Sorry Jon, the light and the pictures themselves are not the true representation of the colour.
-
Routing of fuel tubes is prone to cause issues. I envy those little clamps though. Where can I get them?
They are used on automotive applications, common on German cars, often on Audi VW vehicles. Small "Knipex twingrip" pliers make them very easy to move around.
Alternatively, I like these type "single ear stainless hose clamps" that have a very compact profile/space requirement/broad clamping surface amalgam to work exceptionally well with small hoses.
A little more difficult to use, should have a dedicated "setting" tool .... but can effectively be set with a old style nail puller type plyer to "crimp" them.
With those type, you can latch them, slide into place and gently squeeze them to closure (it bends two kink into that ear shape) which makes one of the most secure and neat hose clamp arrangement I've used. They are super neat and use, effectively, an uninterrupted band to gently caress ;D the rubber hose uniformly all around it's circumference.
-
I bought some on ebay, I think it was a selection box of different diametrs.
-
From dss uk site, everything will transfer but new cables and top brake hose would be better.
If you want throgh the bars wiring check with DSS that they have the holes. I used the ones they listed for the 550F which did have holes but now seem OOS. These are for a 750 so not sure if ok, but do have the holes:
https://www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk/chrome-78-handlebars-25-rise-holes-for-wiring-honda-cb750k/1/015257
-
Cxxx
-
They could be unused connections that are only used in certain countries. One common wiring loom makes commercial sense and several sohc models from that time have them.
-
Do all the electrics work as they should?
Is the brown a permanent live or only when the ignition is on?
Possibly for other markets as has been said,
I know sometimes the Horn is earthed at the frame fitting, sometimes depressing the horn button earths it at the switch.
-
Xxxxx
-
Pretty sure all the relevant lights should work with the ignition on, including the instruments.
-
Xxxx
-
Have you checked the instrument bulbs? They could be the problem.
-
IIRC (on a 500) the brown white wires should be live when the main headlamp is on. Did they work before? Could the switch be faulty?
-
Xxxx
-
Xxx
-
Sorry I'm not familiar with your 550 layout, clearly different to my 500 K1.
-
Xxxx
-
Brown wire goes to a pilot light in front headlamp which is not there in US bikes as they have a sealed beam unit, technicaly the side light is a legal requirement in UK.
Is the green dark green, which is earth, or light green ,horn.
Also there are a light blue with white stripe and orange with white stripe that should be disconnected in UK as they are the low wattage side of the front indicators classed as orange running lights also technically not legal in UK.
The clock lights power should be brown with white strip and only have power with ignition on and lights turned on, the 75 should still have the lights on/off on the RH switch as it was before the US lights always on rule
-
Xxxx
-
Something is connected wrong then
-
Xxxxx