Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Desperately Seeking!! => Topic started by: Laverda Dave on August 25, 2025, 08:43:19 PM

Title: Headlight earth nut
Post by: Laverda Dave on August 25, 2025, 08:43:19 PM
Evening All.
The TL is the bike that continues to frustrate with a list of endless missing parts just when I think I'm getting there.
Today I went to begin the task of what wiring is actually there (very little) and what I have now resigned myself to having to make (a lot).
I have laid what is left of the unknown loom over the bike to at least give me a starting point.
One of the first items missing is of course the two headlight mounting bolts located inside the plastic headlight shell. These have a flying earth lead attached to them. They are not hexagonal nuts but are square to fit inside the shell and lock into position as the headlight mounting nut is done up.
The nut is 8mm thread and I'm pretty sure it is a generic nut shared with the CB fours (and others) such as the 400/4.
The part number in the TL125S book is 61303-074-000.
Does anyone have one please, two would be great but I won't be greedy!
Cash waiting as they say in all the best ads🙂.
Dave
Title: Re: Headlight earth nut
Post by: Gromitdog on August 25, 2025, 08:55:40 PM
Hi Dave
I think I have a spare 1x of these that is off a CB550 will check for you tomorrow evening when I get in and let you know for sure, Then its only  1 your trying to source

Nige
Title: Re: Headlight earth nut
Post by: Gromitdog on August 26, 2025, 08:56:06 PM
Hi Dave
Had a long day ( basically fell asleep in the chair promise I look tomorrow morning for you sorry
Nige
Title: Re: Headlight earth nut
Post by: Laverda Dave on August 26, 2025, 09:34:22 PM
No problem Nigel and thanks for looking.
I've been in the garage this afternoon trying to decipher the wiring loom that came with the TL. I think it's from a CB125J that has been hacked about and fits absolutely nothing on a TL!
Title: Re: Headlight earth nut
Post by: Gromitdog on August 27, 2025, 08:55:10 AM
Hi Dave
Is this what you are looking for ?????

Nige
Title: Re: Headlight earth nut
Post by: Laverda Dave on August 27, 2025, 01:10:46 PM
Yes please Nigel.
If you PM with the price I can give you my address 👍.
Cheers
Dave
Title: Re: Headlight earth nut
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on August 27, 2025, 01:53:03 PM
Dave

I have a complete loom i got from Japan you can borrow as a reference but in France for the next 2 weeks. However I also sense you want this done now though !!
Title: Re: Headlight earth nut
Post by: Laverda Dave on August 27, 2025, 09:53:15 PM
Thanks for the offer Tim.
I also have a loom from Japan that Ash managed to find for me. I tried it and found it wasn't going to fit, not sure why but there are two large block connectors in it (the manual I have only shows one).
Anyway,I've spent two afternoons head scratching and labelling what is on the existing (and obviously not correct loom) and I'm getting there. I just found out why the single yellow wire from the alternator has no obvious same colour connection around the headstock area........ because the wire it goes into is the blue/white headlight wire, eureka 👍. I only have to work out what the PO has done to the black/white cables (there are three of them plus a black/red wire) that have been tapped together. I know the kill switch, ignition switch, coil and points are involved somehow so I guess I'll have to cut the loom open to find out.
Once the above is solved I can then make a sub loom to connect it all up. I detest electrics!
I hope you are enjoying France, the food, the vino and of course looking in old barns for TL bits😉.
Title: Re: Headlight earth nut
Post by: Nurse Julie on August 28, 2025, 07:18:15 PM
Dave, is this what you're looking for?
Or I have 2 that just need the earth wires soldering on.
Title: Re: Headlight earth nut
Post by: Laverda Dave on August 28, 2025, 09:53:21 PM
Hi Julie, yes that's the one. Is that a 8mm nut, it looks like a 10mm although it's always hard to determine from a photo!
Nige has sent me one he has spare but if you have a spare as well that would be perfect and would give me the two I need
Let me know how much and I'll pay via PayPal 👍.
Thanks again for looking.
Dave
Title: Re: Headlight earth nut
Post by: Nurse Julie on August 28, 2025, 10:08:50 PM
Hi Julie, yes that's the one. Is that a 8mm nut, it looks like a 10mm although it's always hard to determine from a photo!
Nige has sent me one he has spare but if you have a spare as well that would be perfect and would give me the two I need
Let me know how much and I'll pay via PayPal 👍.
Thanks again for looking.
Dave
It's 10mm Dave, same as all Honda SOHC 4's.I'll PM you in the morning about it .