Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: neat street on August 29, 2025, 11:40:07 AM
-
Hi All, I am after the top seal for the 500 ears 5160132300, looked and cannot find one? also does anyone have a left hand chrome ear they wish to sell please? thank you.
-
I have both, a nos left hand ear and the rubber. Unfortunately I am bed bound for the next few weeks and trying to get my missus to find it isn’t feasible. If you’re still looking when I finally can walk again drop me a PM.
-
Ken, have you seen the price somebody on fleabay is trying to get for a nos ear
-
No Bryan, I have a pair IIRC. Am I sitting on a fortune.?
-
I think there is/was someone making aftermarket ones a couple of years back.
-
Ken should be 2 pics 1 of nos in states, other of replica pair, enjoy
-
https://www.italianmoldlab.com/en/product/complete-headlight-brackets-kit/
-
320 euros plus taxes? And of course p&p and then most likely import duties. I’d take £300 for my pair of genuine Honda ones, assuming of course my memory isn’t faulty and I still have them both.
-
Thank you all for your help I can get a pair of repros on ebay (£140), but was hoping to get just the one I need and of course the top seal which is not available anywhere.
-
The repros do not match the originals, the originals are chromed, the repros are not. So over time the difference will become more and more apparent. Just so you know.
I have a box full of ear rubbers, collected over the years, got at least 3-4 of the one you want but can’t walk to get them yet, the missus could het them but the boxes on top of them are to heavy for her to lift. Wait a few weeks and I can help.
-
Thanks Ken, realy appreciate your help, your health is more important than the seals, so they can wait :-) just let me know when your ready and I will send the required money. thank you.
-
No charge, happy to help out a fellow 500 owner.
-
Thank you :-)
-
Might be able to get into the garage shortly. Do you still need one.
-
Yes please Ken, thank you pm my details, let me know cost please
-
I have a motto I try to live by when it comes to bikes. If it didn’t cost me anything and I have no plans to use it anytime soon then let someone else have it for what it cost you, in this case nothing. If I’ve spent money buying a part then that’s another thing entirely. Make a profit by all means but don’t take the piss. I’ll try to get into the garage asap, unfortunately I seem to have taken a backward step with my health, which I’m hoping is just temporary.
-
Take it your own pace Ken but halve the pace for a while
-
Managed to get into the garage tonight. I’m completely wrecked at the moment, gasping like a beached fish. However I did find the bag I’d put them in and spotted 2 of them straight away. I’ll post them as soon as I can. Enjoy.
-
Thank you so much Ken, please do not rush, there is no hurry and not desperate to finish anything soon. Your health is more important than anything, second to that is family, both go together so please do not comprimise on either, take your time to heal and get better. :-)
-
Posted today. Put in a spare one, just in case.
-
Thank you so much Ken. Take it easy and best wishes :-)
-
Thank you Ken, arrived today so will fit next weekend. your a star.
Take it easy and best wishes. John
-
Glad to help John.
I presume they were what you were after?