Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Member 4 Sales => Topic started by: Johnwebley on September 19, 2025, 09:12:08 PM

Title: Wanted
Post by: Johnwebley on September 19, 2025, 09:12:08 PM
Met an old friend tonight,

Turns out he is looking for a late 60's early 70s sohc,

Anything from an early 250 to a 500/4,

He can do some work, but he told me he is willing to pay for a decent bike,

Anything about?

I suggested he joined the group

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: Laverda Dave on September 19, 2025, 09:43:02 PM
I'm selling my 400/4 John.
PM me if you need details, the photos are too big to post here.
Cheers
Dave
Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: Johnwebley on September 19, 2025, 10:02:42 PM
I'm selling my 400/4 John.
PM me if you need details, the photos are too big to post here.
Cheers
Dave
Ok,thanks

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: Johnwebley on September 22, 2025, 06:15:33 PM
I'm selling my 400/4 John.
PM me if you need details, the photos are too big to post here.
Cheers
Dave
Ok,thanks

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
Sent a PM

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: Johnwebley on September 26, 2025, 10:01:43 AM
Hi Dave, did you get my PM?



Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: florence on September 26, 2025, 10:49:50 AM
If he feels like doing some cosmetic work, I have a mechanically fantastic 500/4.
Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: Johnwebley on September 26, 2025, 02:10:20 PM
If he feels like doing some cosmetic work, I have a mechanically fantastic 500/4.
Any pics?

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: Laverda Dave on September 26, 2025, 02:38:20 PM
Hi Dave, did you get my PM?



Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Hi John.
Yes I did, I sent you three emails with the photos and details the very next day, did you get them (check in case they've gone to your junk/spam folders.
Cheers.
Dave
Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: Johnwebley on September 26, 2025, 09:12:51 PM
Hi Dave, did you get my PM?



Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Hi John.
Yes I did, I sent you three emails with the photos and details the very next day, did you get them (check in case they've gone to your junk/spam folders.
Cheers.
Dave
Found them, and forwarded them

Yes,they were in spam

Thank you



Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: TezzerTel on September 27, 2025, 08:36:55 PM
My 500/4 K0 is for sale good usable condition if he's interested
Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: Johnwebley on September 28, 2025, 10:15:43 AM
My 500/4 K0 is for sale good usable condition if he's interested
I have passed the message on

Thanks for replying

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: Johnwebley on September 28, 2025, 09:43:22 PM
Gentleman, thank you for your replies,

I have forwarded all the info,

I personally thought he would go for the yellow 400,

But, I have just had an email,

Not suitable???

Sorry for any inconvenience

He can look for himself

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: Laverda Dave on September 29, 2025, 09:25:15 AM
No problem John.
I've just sold the 400/4! A mate messaged me earlier to ask if it's still for sale. He doesn't have a bike license and has no intention of getting one but he wants the bike as a centrepiece in his conservatory!
A shame it probably won't be used but at least I know it's going to a good home and will stay pristine although he's going to have to protect it against the sun being yellow along with the clocks and the seat cover.🙂.
Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: Johnny4428 on September 30, 2025, 07:22:00 AM
What! Condemned to a retirement home Dave? Well at least it’s just the bike!😳🤣
Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on September 30, 2025, 07:59:49 AM
No problem John.
I've just sold the 400/4! A mate messaged me earlier to ask if it's still for sale. He doesn't have a bike license and has no intention of getting one but he wants the bike as a centrepiece in his conservatory!
A shame it probably won't be used but at least I know it's going to a good home and will stay pristine although he's going to have to protect it against the sun being yellow along with the clocks and the seat cover.🙂.

Ah more space for another project Dave!!

Was it ratty or the other  ;one?
Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: Laverda Dave on September 30, 2025, 09:03:55 AM
What! Condemned to a retirement home Dave? Well at least it’s just the bike!😳🤣

Yep, I'm sad to see it go and very unlikely to be used. I'll ride it the 50 miles to my mates house where I'll drain the fuel out from the carbs and tank. I'll swirll some diesel around the tank to protect it, my mate had plenty of diesel because he collects tractors as well although they do get used. I'll disconnect the battery. Not sure what to do about the brake fluid, leave it or drain it out? Brake fluid goes really gunky over time and ruins the seals etc. Same with the engine oil, leave it in or drain it?

Its not Ratty Tim, Ratty is staying. I couldn't sell Ratty after all the help I've had restoring it from Ash, Julie, Bryan, Ted and others and it was THE actual bike that got me into the 400/4 when I was 18, spotty and couldn't dance..........happy days ;D
Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: taysidedragon on September 30, 2025, 12:57:49 PM
I'd leave the brake fluid in so that the seals don't dry out. Same with the engine oil if it's in good nick. Then he can safely turn the engine over now and again with the kickstart so components like pistons and valves don't sit too long in one position.
Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on September 30, 2025, 01:26:09 PM
I'd imagine Dave will be over regularly checking its pulse etc. 😳
Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: Laverda Dave on September 30, 2025, 04:06:26 PM
I'd imagine Dave will be over regularly checking its pulse etc. 😳

😂😂😂😂
Title: Re: Wanted
Post by: Bryanj on September 30, 2025, 05:18:34 PM
I second the turning over, just done a 400 head where the exh valve stems were stuck solid, no rust just dried out sticky