Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Member 4 Sales => Topic started by: Jond99 on September 20, 2025, 11:01:01 AM
-
Xxxx
-
Is the title a mistake? When I had a CB750, the speedo read higher than 120MPH, and the red line on the rev counter was at 8,oooRPM
-
Xxxx
-
Xxx
-
Is the title a mistake? When I had a CB750, the speedo read higher than 120MPH, and the red line on the rev counter was at 8,oooRPM
A quick google suggests not, https://www.wemoto.com/bike/honda/cb/750/1975/15705/speedometer-mph?srsltid=AfmBOoqcOVe2JkEvAWGm9CAvtfwCQ7tcfGwkhYS94VN7OwZdYaGLXZ4i
Based on the above, for a 750 - tacho for a 750 is also different than a 500/550 as it uses a different ratio.
https://www.wemoto.com/parts/aa5934
Now that could explain quite a lot.
I read recently of someone who had fitted a set to a 750, and found the speedo to be accurate, but the tachometer to under read badly.
Well if Emgo designed it to match the 550 drive ratio, that could explain why.
I already have a pair of these, bought new for around £100 from someone who had decided "not to use them after all "
Looks like I might be having the tachometer in pieces soon then.
Looks like I'll have to find a way to weaken the return spring, if that makes any sense to you.