Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: hondacb750fourk6 on October 01, 2025, 11:20:38 PM

Title: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: hondacb750fourk6 on October 01, 2025, 11:20:38 PM
I wonder what dope these two sellers are smoking  asking £400.00 and £300.00 for used clocks and £400.00 for exhaust pipe and asking £2,000 for set of hm300 exhaust which are not genuine are reproduction as if they were genuine would have HMCB750 HM300 stamped on them and the other seller asking £1,500.00 for a set of hm300 exhausts which are damaged and are not genuine exhausts are reproductions
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: honda-san on October 02, 2025, 08:59:38 PM
Whether or not asking prices are reasonable or otherwise is always subjective. Very often the asking price is set as a starting point for negotiations between seller and buyer.

However, as to the un-informed  comment that HM300 stamped exhausts are not genuine and must be reproduction because genuine would be stamped HMCB750 HM300, REALLY!!- You would do well to do some research and get your facts straight (or try a different brand of dope!).......

The very first exhausts fitted to CB750 Hondas back in 1969 did not carry ANY stampings whatsoever.
Then factory fitted exhausts as fitted to UK and US market bikes built in 1970 and up to the end of K1 production were  stamped simply with HM300. These will have a baffle fitted with a vertical bar in the outlet.
I believe that exhausts stamped HMCB750 HM300 were fitted to some European markets during 1970 – 1971, and did NOT have the vertical bar at the outlet. These European exhausts are possible the least common type encountered on bikes these days.

Hopefully others will offer further comment.
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: DomP on October 02, 2025, 10:11:03 PM
Can't comment on specific part numbers etc but the sellers idea of pristine is somewhat different to mine, speedometer looks like it was cleaned with a brillo pad😆
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: hondacb750fourk6 on October 03, 2025, 12:49:22 AM
Whether or not asking prices are reasonable or otherwise is always subjective. Very often the asking price is set as a starting point for negotiations between seller and buyer.

However, as to the un-informed  comment that HM300 stamped exhausts are not genuine and must be reproduction because genuine would be stamped HMCB750 HM300, REALLY!!- You would do well to do some research and get your facts straight (or try a different brand of dope!).......

The very first exhausts fitted to CB750 Hondas back in 1969 did not carry ANY stampings whatsoever.
Then factory fitted exhausts as fitted to UK and US market bikes built in 1970 and up to the end of K1 production were  stamped simply with HM300. These will have a baffle fitted with a vertical bar in the outlet.
I believe that exhausts stamped HMCB750 HM300 were fitted to some European markets during 1970 – 1971, and did NOT have the vertical bar at the outlet. These European exhausts are possible the least common type encountered on bikes these days.

Hopefully others will offer further comment.
Well I did some research by asking David Silver the woman who I spoke to told me if they are not stamped HMCB750 HM300 and stamped HM300 they are not genuine reproduction also I was told this by two people I see at a bike show and bike jumble who sells lots of Hondas and Nos a lot about them perhaps it’s you who is on the dope like him not me as I don’t touch that shit as drugs are for losers
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: hondacb750fourk6 on October 03, 2025, 12:55:07 AM
Can't comment on specific part numbers etc but the sellers idea of pristine is somewhat different to mine, speedometer looks like it was cleaned with a brillo pad😆
[/quote They are in a mess as you can buy the new clock faces off a power seller on eBay and the bike show and bike jumble I go to there is a seller there who sells reproduction clocks for £69.00 and new front brake master cylinder for £49.00 he’s always there selling his parts and a lot of people buy from him I,ve known him a long time from 2006
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: Nurse Julie on October 03, 2025, 01:13:20 AM
I concur with everything Chris AKA Honda San says about the stampings on the pipes.
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: AshimotoK0 on October 03, 2025, 08:45:39 AM
I agree too with everything that Chris is saying.

I was going to comment myself that those parts seemed reasonably priced to me. OK the bike market is on it's ar$e BUT rare & decent parts are definitely, NOT as I am proving parting out a couple of my own projects.

If you are restoring something like the early CB750K0/Sandcast or rare bikes like the CB92 Benly, then I am afraid you still need deep pockets, particularly if you want to use genuine Honda NOS parts like the HM300 pipes, which were discontinued by Honda many years ago ... or just search around and find a bike  that has been restored and someone has ploughed lots of money into. The plastic CB750 instruments are rare but excellent repro covers and lenses, faces etc are available ... but there again you need a decent functioning mechanism to start with, which is going to cost you.

Early original CB750 exhausts never had stampings ...like many other Hondas of that period ... for example the CB250K0 exhausts were never stamped ... that's why Yamiya 750 repro pipes for the CB750K0 are described as 'No.No.' pipes . TBH anyone who has actually restored one of these bikes knows that fact.
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: hondacb750fourk6 on October 04, 2025, 10:17:34 PM
I concur with everything Chris AKA Honda San says about the stampings on the pipes.
Well David Silvers told me different and the one I saw at the bike show in March this year told me about these other set that is on Facebook for sale for £1,800.00 as I shown him the add on Facebook he told me they are not genuine HM300 exhausts pipes he said they are reproduction with the number HM300 stamped on them so he must no what’s he’s talking about as he’s older than me see the picture of the add that is on Facebook as no one has bought them as they are still for sale and this Honda CB750 Four K5 1975 that is on Facebook for £2,250.00 which is a bargain as it comes with lots of spares as I thought someone would of bought it by now see picture attached he’s got a F1 1975 for sale as well that has been restored
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: hondacb750fourk6 on October 04, 2025, 10:35:33 PM
I agree too with everything that Chris is saying.

I was going to comment myself that those parts seemed reasonably priced to me. OK the bike market is on it's ar$e BUT rare & decent parts are definitely, NOT as I am proving parting out a couple of my own projects.

If you are restoring something like the early CB750K0/Sandcast or rare bikes like the CB92 Benly, then I am afraid you still need deep pockets, particularly if you want to use genuine Honda NOS parts like the HM300 pipes, which were discontinued by Honda many years ago ... or just search around and find a bike  that has been restored and someone has ploughed lots of money into. The plastic CB750 instruments are rare but excellent repro covers and lenses, faces etc are available ... but there again you need a decent functioning mechanism to start with, which is going to cost you.

Early original CB750 exhausts never had stampings ...like many other Hondas of that period ... for example the CB250K0 exhausts were never stamped ... that's why Yamiya 750 repro pipes for the CB750K0 are described as 'No.No.' pipes . TBH anyone who has actually restored one of these bikes knows that fact.
Well David Silvers told me different and the one I saw at the bike show in March this year told me about these other set that is on Facebook for sale for £1,800.00 as I shown him the add on Facebook he told me they are not genuine HM300 exhausts pipes he said they are reproduction with the number HM300 stamped on them so he must no what’s he’s talking about as he’s older than me see the picture of the add that is on Facebook as no one has bought them as they are still for sale and this Honda CB750 Four K5 1975 that is on Facebook for £2,250.00 which is a bargain as it comes with lots of spares as I thought someone would of bought it by now see picture attached he’s got a F1 1975 for sale as well that has been restored there is someone that advertises in the old bike mart that refurbisheds the clocks as one of my friends had his clocks on his BSA done by him he’s does the clocks on jap bikes as well as all I,m going to do to mine is buy new clock faces as they are not hard to take apart my Honda CB750 Four K6 1976 is a UK bike and the exhausts have HMCB750 SR HM341 stamped on them
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: Nurse Julie on October 04, 2025, 10:37:51 PM
David Silver is incorrect.
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on October 05, 2025, 06:59:16 AM
David Silver is incorrect.
It has been known…


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: AshimotoK0 on October 05, 2025, 09:19:26 AM
Hmm ... Member Honda-San (i.e ChrisR), to me,  has always been the fount of all knowledge on CB750's.
All of the top sandcast gurus  (including top sandcast restorer Vic World)  etc. look up to him for his encyclopaedic knowledge of this model.
Ask the man himself David Silver if you don't believe me, as he knows Chris well.
My advice is that if Chris tells you something regarding the CB750 SOHC (and 400F for that matter) then listen and learn !

End of story as far as I am concerned.
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: hondacb750fourk6 on October 05, 2025, 07:39:23 PM
David Silver is incorrect.
Disagree known him since 1992 when I had my Honda CB125 TDC Super Dream 1983 as bought most of the parts off him as he was cheaper than other Honda dealers back then been buying parts off him since my friend bought lots of parts off him for his Honda CB400 T dream 1977 he bought lots of parts off him going 2015 e cleared him out for all the parts for his Honda CB400 T and a bike show I always go to Easter Monday every year a seller there who sells lots of Honda and other parts told me he knows you as he told you bought a lot of Honda parts off someone from a deceased family 😀
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: hondacb750fourk6 on October 05, 2025, 08:04:48 PM
Hmm ... Member Honda-San (i.e ChrisR), to me,  has always been the fount of all knowledge on CB750's.
All of the top sandcast gurus  (including top sandcast restorer Vic World)  etc. look up to him for his encyclopaedic knowledge of this model.
Ask the man himself David Silver if you don't believe me, as he knows Chris well.
My advice is that if Chris tells you something regarding the CB750 SOHC (and 400F for that matter) then listen and learn !

End of story as far as I am concerned.
Not end of story the one I see at these bike shows and jumbles has a lot of knowledge about Hondas and a another person I known for a few years he has a lot of knowledge about Hondas he used to take his Red Honda CB750 Four KO 1969 which he restored himself it always won prizes he sold it to Bikesunlimted last year to him for £10,000 it’s on his website for £20,000 as it was getting to heavy for him he told me about all those Honda CB750 Fours he has for sale that came from freddythefatfrog same person where mine came from mine has been a good bike he told me he’s having them restored by someone so they are not brand new what he is claiming to be brand new it’s got to be still in a crate never used so you find out a lot when you meet people at these bike shows the judge I know at these bike shows I go to who judges the bikes told me about the Kawasaki Z900 he told me the one to buy is the Kawasaki Z900 A4 1976 a uk one with the frame strengthed below the steering stock with twin brake discs he said if you are paying a lot of money for one every has to match original engine with all original parts with wheel rims and exhaust pipes stamped with the year of manufacture on them he knows a lot about bikes as well
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on October 05, 2025, 08:14:41 PM
That’s about 300 words without a breath.

I’m sorry but I gave up after the first few lines.

Do you have anything positive to contribute?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: Orcade-Ian on October 05, 2025, 08:29:39 PM
I'm glad I'm not old enough to have a 750 but I do have a box full of unused full stops and commas if anyone wants them.

Ian
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: Nurse Julie on October 05, 2025, 08:46:49 PM
I'm glad I'm not old enough to have a 750 but I do have a box full of unused full stops and commas if anyone wants them.

Ian
😂😂😂😂😂
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: Nurse Julie on October 05, 2025, 08:57:14 PM
Yes, we all know Richard, the restorer of the 1969 750 K0 extremely well. Members of this forum all know the restorer of the bikes being sold at Freddies very well. And as for the engine restorer of said bikes, how should I put this, we all know him very well, me more than most as he's sitting here next to me on the sofa.
The world of the CB SOHC4 in the UK is very, very small, especially the top restorers, we all know each other or all know of each other.
Anyways, I'm out of this conversation as its serving no purpose whatsoever.
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: hondacb750fourk6 on October 05, 2025, 08:58:16 PM
That’s about 300 words without a breath.

I’m sorry but I gave up after the first few lines.

Do you have anything positive to contribute?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is more than one person who has knowledge on these bikes my good friend who was older than me known him since 2005 he sadly passed away 2015 he loved his jap bikes he went over to jap from British bikes he told me jap bikes were more cheaper for parts and more reliable and I no if he was still he wouldn’t pay that price for those exhaust pipes and those my friend had a lot of skill I could show him some bolts off a old triumph he could tell me what size thread they were ,he could redrill a stud out on a cylinder head redrill it to a bigger size like 10mm make a plug up with the correct size thread drilled down the middle then screw it back in this how clever he was he swapped a push bike inner tube for a Triumph Speedtwin 500 pre unit gearbox when he was 15 off his mate I remember going back 2005 he swapped two Russian bikes for a Lambretta Li150 1961 it was a rust heap but when he restored it ,it was like brand new and those  two sellers on Facebook I think it’s the same person under two accounts owned by women watch these two YouTube clips you will learn something from them one has a bike shop and the other one is good at rebuilding Triumph T160 750 1975 engines he’s rewrote the manuals on them how to over come some of the jobs on them as in 69 Honda brought out the Honda CB750 Four this was the start of triumph going down the pan running round like headless chickens as triumph couldn’t compete with Honda as that Honda CB750 four still rules today after over fifty years as Triumph Brought out the Trident T160 1975 good bike has that modern Japanese sound but triumph were to late as everyone wanted the Honda CB750 Four 😀😀
https://youtu.be/3EJm9zkGwA0?si=WfLNnMydulF7uDIy
https://youtu.be/m_gluJiy5TU?si=Fwb2Eh0NH4NeWpeI
https://youtu.be/mW1xerav3rg?si=bjCKj3zxau63qtk7
https://youtu.be/d7U-uNMg4x8?si=uKVmaYMelQId4bme
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: AshimotoK0 on October 05, 2025, 09:19:14 PM

Anyways, I'm out of this conversation as its serving no purpose whatsoever.

That goes for me too
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: Bryanj on October 05, 2025, 10:26:24 PM
Nicely said Julie, how is Trigger? Got tired of retirement yet?
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: Nurse Julie on October 05, 2025, 10:48:03 PM
Nicely said Julie, how is Trigger? Got tired of retirement yet?
No Bryan, he's loving every minute of retirement, he has even more time to spend with me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣........poor chap 😆😆😆😆
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on October 06, 2025, 06:29:55 AM

There is more than one person who has knowledge on these bikes my good friend who was older than me known…


QED


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: hondacb750fourk6 on October 06, 2025, 10:46:41 PM
That’s about 300 words without a breath.

I’m sorry but I gave up after the first few lines.

Do you have anything positive to contribute?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heres a YouTube clip she’s stripping down her Kawasaki KM90 I bet you wouldn’t say no letting her stripp down your Honda CB750 Four she’s very good at stripping bikes down https://youtu.be/ptfoT3kmqeI?si=eWafksLKz2nadvzg
And hers another two YouTube clips of Andy Mechanic working on a Honda CB750 Four K2 1972 and a Triumph T140V 1977 he’s having a bit of trouble removing the clutch primary drive clutch basket as you have to speak German to a Triumph as Triumph was originally German as it was two Germans who made Singer Sewing machines invented the Triumph 650 unit construction engine now you have learnt something I bet you didn’t no that 😀😀😀
https://youtu.be/E2D66n1PAjo?si=ndx0q-N7U_huq4X0
https://youtu.be/pD8sHCyO-dI?si=c_xmo8H_ZdPRjUWE
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: taysidedragon on October 07, 2025, 12:54:39 AM
It's so wrong, where do you start! 🤣
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: Bryanj on October 07, 2025, 03:25:30 AM
What a total mess of removing  a gearbox sprocket! I used to do those, they aint that difficult and you never remove tha chain till everything is undone!
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on October 07, 2025, 06:31:38 AM
When I said “positive” I didn’t mean links to YouTube videos.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: SeanFD on November 17, 2025, 01:37:05 PM
It's so wrong, where do you start! 🤣

You don't!

You can only teach those who wish to learn.
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: royhall on November 17, 2025, 03:07:33 PM
Blimey that was a difficult read.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: MCTID on November 18, 2025, 11:22:38 AM
I know this Forum is a Democratic one............but I'd be very happy to vote that this bloke is removed from it. At the ripe old age of 75, I have better things to do with my precious remaining time than wade through this crap.
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on November 18, 2025, 11:48:30 AM
Whoever lead you to believe that this was a democracy?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: SeanFD on November 18, 2025, 12:40:09 PM
Very much against censorship!

There may be extenuating circumstances that we are not aware of.

You are not  forced to read anything posted here, or anywhere else for that matter. If something upsets you, skip it, ignore it, or delete it!

Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: AshimotoK0 on November 18, 2025, 02:40:06 PM
The guy mentioned a 'Richard' in one of his rants ... so I asked Rich (RGP750 on here ) if he knows him .... evidently Rich had a nice blue CB175K3 resto project for sale at an autojumble recently and a punter was pondering whether or not to buy it ... so our man on here moved in and persuaded him what a truly great & honest chap Rich is ... and the deal was done.   :)
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: hondacb750fourk6 on January 03, 2026, 11:34:13 PM
Yes, we all know Richard, the restorer of the 1969 750 K0 extremely well. Members of this forum all know the restorer of the bikes being sold at Freddies very well. And as for the engine restorer of said bikes, how should I put this, we all know him very well, me more than most as he's sitting here next to me on the sofa.
The world of the CB SOHC4 in the UK is very, very small, especially the top restorers, we all know each other or all know of each other.
Anyways, I'm out of this conversation as its serving no purpose whatsoever.
Yes those Honda CB750 Fours being sold by bikes unlimited are not brand new what he is saying in his description to be brand new it has to be in the crate in original unrestored condition never seen a brand new Honda CB750 four k1 brand new in a crate on eBay only ever seen 3 brand new Triumph Trident T160V 1975 brand new still in the crate sold on eBay a few years back one sold for £20,000 one of them came from Carl Rosner as there was only 7,450 made ,3000 of them were exported to the us and a lot of them got broke up for parts and yes I,ve known Richard for a few years now as he was the one who told me about the bikes bikes unlimited that came from freddythefatfrog and see this eBay link eBay item number:336346167383 this is a Genuine UK Honda CB750 K5 1975 has the original Exhaust pipes with the stamping HMCB750 SR HM341 stamped on hem so David Silver is right and there is another two on eBay that are uk bikes one is a Honda CB750 Four K6 1976 uk bike that freddythefatfrog is selling with original exhaust pipes on it with the same stampings on them he has a nice KO on there as well and another uk K5 1975 with same stampings on the exhaust pipes and a lot cheaper
than bikes unlimited see attachments
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: hondacb750fourk6 on January 03, 2026, 11:55:37 PM
 >:(
What a total mess of removing  a gearbox sprocket! I used to do those, they aint that difficult and you never remove tha chain till everything is undone!
I,ve had four T140s two were T140V 1977 and the other two were a T140e 1979 and a Triumph T140EX 1980 electric start model electric start only worked when the engine was warmed up I,ve taken these engines apart easy to rebuild but you need all the correct tools pullers to pull the cam timing wheels and clutch drive off and to remove the gearbox sprocket you have the pull the clutch primary drive off not like the old jap bikes as I have all the correct tools bought off a old boy who was a engineer which he made him self
Title: Re: Honda CB750 Four parts on Facebook
Post by: Bryanj on January 04, 2026, 01:11:46 AM
Yes you do BUT you still leave the main chain on until you have undone the gearbox sprocket