Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: TrickyMicky on October 26, 2025, 11:06:22 PM
-
"The time has come", the walrus said, "No need to sit and ponder, my back is getting weaker, I've gotta sell the 'Onda". The 400 is now getting a bit much for me to move around in the garage, so I am going to keep just the little GB250 Clubman. Looking for £3200, full details will appear on the 4sale section soon. Mike.
-
She's got to be worth more than that Micky!
-
I know the market is flat but geez .. that's lovely going on single pic ....got to be worth more than that . Even has correct gold passivated choke lever (sorry anorak in me coming out) . I suppose it depends on how many pattern parts it has.
-
Lovely looking bike, any item is only worth what someone will pay for it today.
As you will know It's not just the bike market that has been hit due to the current cost of living/financial crisis in the UK.
-
It has to be worth than £3200 Micky considering its condition. £3200 would buy you a 400/4 in boxes on Ebay! Wait until next spring before you sell it, never sell a bike in winter.
-
Thank you for your responses gentlemen. I appreciate your comments re. pricing, but I have been brought up never to lie, although my camera had a different upbringing! That photo, plus others to follow, was taken on a sunny morning, 20 minutes after I had tormented every joint in my body crawling round with a cloth and a bottle of Turtle Wax polish. Bearing in mind that I have never delved into the engine deeper than the cylinder block, and that was about 25 years ago, so condition is commensurate with its age, ie. It still starts instantly, evrything operates as it should, but, it suffers from very bad breath without using any oil at all, and has quite a bit of backlash in the transmission. More pics and its life history will appear on the 4sale postings soon. Regards, Mike.
-
No wonder Dave silver is rolling in it :)
-
You've got a collection of DSS receipts as big as mine! ;D By the way, what is that funny clock (watch?) on your right handlebar? Did you polish the saddle? The last time I did that I hit the brakes and found myself on the tank with GF doing a handstand up on my shoulders! :o
-
No wonder Dave silver is rolling in it :)
Bear in mind that I've owned the bike for 37 years, and if it wasn't for DSS it would not even exist. Just for the hell of it, I totalled all of those bills, and including VAT they amount to just over £2,200. Not a bad cost per year eh?
-
You've got a collection of DSS receipts as big as mine! ;D By the way, what is that funny clock (watch?) on your right handlebar? Did you polish the saddle? The last time I did that I hit the brakes and found myself on the tank with GF doing a handstand up on my shoulders! :o
Aha! you have spotted my luxury handlebar attachment!! After countless years of either stopping to undo jacket cuff and glove, or creeping past cars to try and see if they had a visible clock on the dash to determine the time, I mad the brave decision to splash out £8 on a piece of Oriental technology that actually works. It's an absolute pain in the a--e to adjust or replace the battery, so it's accurate for 6 months (Summer!) every year, and when the battery wants replacing, I buy a new clock. I put one on the GB250, but as it vibrates, the clock made a successful bid for freedom leaving me with just the empty holder!! Re. the saddle, it's a new item.
-
No wonder Dave silver is rolling in it :)
Bear in mind that I've owned the bike for 37 years, and if it wasn't for DSS it would not even exist. Just for the hell of it, I totalled all of those bills, and including VAT they amount to just over £2,200. Not a bad cost per year eh?
I you had sent out for pizza once a month for that time it would have cost you more than that.
I just hope the wife doesn't sell my bike for what I told her it's has cost me when I'm gone.
Regards
Dave
-
Out of interest, where are the bar end mirrors from?
-
Out of interest, where are the bar end mirrors from?
They are Halcyon Mirrors, Very expensive, but in my opinion worth every penny. The quality of finish, fit, and adjustment is superb, and they are vibration proof, and you can fold them in easily, it works on a cam. The only downside being, that I have to keep using the bathroom mirror to remember what my elbows look like!!!