Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Ken4004 on November 08, 2025, 11:04:13 AM

Title: Cb400 F side grab handle
Post by: Ken4004 on November 08, 2025, 11:04:13 AM
I know this has come up before but my side grab handle was missing when I bought the bike I am working on , just looked at David Silvers and he had an original around £36 and a copy at £14 both before VAT and delivery.
Has anyone bought the copy version and is it any good or should I bite the bullet and go for the original ?
Title: Re: Cb400 F side grab handle
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 08, 2025, 12:33:57 PM
When I was restoring my 400 the DS one was I think a larger diameter than the original, might be for the 500.

My memory is hazy, I thought I bought an original replica of the correct diameter from you?

I have the 500 one if I can find it in my loft, PM me if you want me to look for it.
Title: Re: Cb400 F side grab handle
Post by: Mikep328 on November 08, 2025, 12:56:21 PM
I bought the pattern part grab handle from DSS and it looks good/is solid.  In this particular case - though I bought all OEM Honda parts when available from DSS involving the engine/brakes - I think the pattern part is excellent.  A caveat - I bought the part two years ago so I can't really say if the current pattern part is from the same supplier/same quality...
Title: Re: Cb400 F side grab handle
Post by: TrickyMicky on November 08, 2025, 02:13:39 PM
I bought a DSS pattern one some years ago to fit onto the right hand side. This was to help manhandling the bike in the garage, plus I did not have a carrier then, so it was handy for strapping bits to the rear seat. So, you can get 2 pattern ones for the price of a new one and only one lot of postage???
     If you're worried about appearance, I think it looks like a factory fitted job!!
Title: Re: Cb400 F side grab handle
Post by: Ken4004 on November 08, 2025, 03:45:02 PM
Ok thanks guys pattern part on order, I have a few screws to buy as well so might as well lump it into one order.
Title: Re: Cb400 F side grab handle
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 08, 2025, 04:29:12 PM
My bad it was Kent400 who sold  me the grab handle!😁

I misread your user name.
Title: Re: Cb400 F side grab handle
Post by: Ken4004 on November 20, 2025, 04:45:36 PM
Grab handle has arrived from David Silvers, looks good and not a bad price so will be fitted tomorrow if I brave the cold of the shed