Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Grewth on December 02, 2025, 06:42:59 PM

Title: 750K Tank Shape
Post by: Grewth on December 02, 2025, 06:42:59 PM
I doubt if anyone will bother to reply to this question,  but here goes anyway.
Is there any substantial change in tank shape from 1969 to 1974 ?
I'm not well versed in the secrets of the original CB750 model, Sandcast, Die-cast, etc , etc.
I'm vaguely aware of something known as the "wrinkle tank" which is allegedly very rare and valuable, even though the wrinkles are only visible through the filler cap apparture.
I'm also aware that the fuel tap changed type and location possibly with the K5 model.
But basically I'd just like to know if the tank changed in shape or features between '69 and '74.
I wait expectantly for a plethora of eager replies
Title: Re: 750K Tank Shape
Post by: Johnny4428 on December 02, 2025, 11:21:56 PM
I used to have a link here to the specs and changes over the years. I’ll have a look see if I can find it.

http://honda750expert.com/
Title: Re: 750K Tank Shape
Post by: Bryanj on December 03, 2025, 04:44:09 AM
The tank shap is the same but the petcock placement varies as does its attachment method
Title: Re: 750K Tank Shape
Post by: Grewth on December 03, 2025, 12:56:06 PM
I used to have a link here to the specs and changes over the years. I’ll have a look see if I can find it.

http://honda750expert.com/

Many thanks for that !
I'll get me best Anorak on tonight and have a good read.
I soak up that sort of information like a sponge.
I just hope it doesn't lead to me doing something rash, like buying a Sandcast.
Title: Re: 750K Tank Shape
Post by: Grewth on December 03, 2025, 01:01:32 PM
The tank shap is the same but the petcock placement varies as does its attachment method
Thanks Bryan.
I've become a bit of an expert on Honda 750 fuel taps - mostly due to ordering the wrong type and finding it doesn't fit.
That Homer Simpson moment !
I've got a K4 tank in Boss Maroon which has the early type tap.
I think the K5 had the new type on the LH side.
I also think the slow running adjuster on the carbs swapped to the RH at the same time.