Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Chris Wilson on January 13, 2026, 04:28:29 PM

Title: New member details
Post by: Chris Wilson on January 13, 2026, 04:28:29 PM
Hi there folks.
    I am a new member to the group and wanted to reach out.
I live in Kent and have a collection of bikes but more pertinently I have 4 CB750 SOHC bikes. One has a Rob North Chassis and was raced in period by Julian Soper (called the Hadleigh Honda) The engine is a genuine factory CR750 (verified by HRC) but to all intents and purposes is very much the same as CB's. Up and running and still regularly races.
Next I have a June 1970 red Pre K1 or whatever the correct designation is if somebody can clarify but NOT a sandcast. Currently in restoration to standard condition. Always UK registered.
Then I have a K1 which I built from a Frame and engine to standard condition which has been borrowed by Honda for publicity launches in Europe a few times and many journalists have ridden it. Originally (I believe) a US machine
Lastly I have a CB750 race bike which is regularly raced at the Goodwood Members meeting which loosely resembles a CR 750 but is not an attempt at a replica in any way. Will be at Goodwood again this year.
Looking forwards to hearing from you.
Ciao
Chris
Title: Re: New member details
Post by: Bryanj on January 13, 2026, 05:08:36 PM
Not drooling Honest!.
I believe the early model is just a CB 750 but some called it a K0
Title: Re: New member details
Post by: Chris Wilson on January 13, 2026, 06:09:54 PM
Hi Bryan,
  thanks for that I will try to remember the correct terminology. Curiously I looked/searched in the old posts and in 2014 somebody was searching for my early bike by registration which is OFG 17 H but I can't see the post at the moment. I hope I can make contact to get some back history which I really enjoy doing.
 
Title: Re: New member details
Post by: Johnny4428 on January 13, 2026, 07:20:55 PM
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum. That is an interesting collection of 750’s. Not into the racing side of things but there is people on here that are. Looking forward to seeing some pics.
Title: Re: New member details
Post by: Athame57 on January 13, 2026, 08:25:21 PM
Hello Chris, welcome here!  ;D
Title: Re: New member details
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on January 13, 2026, 09:27:27 PM
Welcome aboard Chris.
Title: Re: New member details
Post by: Laverda Dave on January 14, 2026, 10:22:55 AM
Welcome to the forum Chris.
That a very eclectic collection of CB750’s with unique histories.
I remember Classic Bike Magazine wrote a feature not that long ago about Julian Soper with a few photos.
The bike you mention was probably featured and I also remember a reader writing in the following month with a few extra details.
I remember Julian riding back in the mid/late 70’s when I first got into the world of dirty, smelly motorcycles!
Title: Re: New member details
Post by: Nurse Julie on January 15, 2026, 02:38:56 PM
Welcome to the forum Chris.
Title: Re: New member details
Post by: andy120t on January 15, 2026, 07:14:42 PM
Welcome aboard!
Title: Re: New member details
Post by: Chris Wilson on January 15, 2026, 08:21:52 PM
Welcome to the forum Chris.
That a very eclectic collection of CB750’s with unique histories.
I remember Classic Bike Magazine wrote a feature not that long ago about Julian Soper with a few photos.
The bike you mention was probably featured and I also remember a reader writing in the following month with a few extra details.
I remember Julian riding back in the mid/late 70’s when I first got into the world of dirty, smelly motorcycles!
Julian was a lovely bloke and a great rider. I'm proud to have the bike and I have loads of history with it.
Ciao