Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Grewth on January 23, 2026, 09:00:13 AM

Title: Early CB750 forks vs early CB500F forks ?
Post by: Grewth on January 23, 2026, 09:00:13 AM
I've got a pair of CB500F forks here, dismantled,  and in very poor condition.
I'm just wondering if they share any common components with the early CB750, (which I actually aspire to owning at some point).
Unfortunately,  I don't have a parts catalogue for the 500, so I can't compare parts numbers at present  (and they don't tell the whole story)
There must be someone on here who has built both of these bikes, I'd appreciate the benefit of your knowledge.
Title: Re: Early CB750 forks vs early CB500F forks ?
Post by: Nurse Julie on January 23, 2026, 09:09:14 AM
The only common components between 500 and 750 forks are the drain screw bolts, the fork bottom bolts,  the bottom caps, the fork seals and top nut O rings.
Title: Re: Early CB750 forks vs early CB500F forks ?
Post by: Bryanj on January 23, 2026, 09:09:52 AM
Different internals, can be different caliper mounts, different length of stanchions and springs and depending on year/model different way of holding sliders on
Title: Re: Early CB750 forks vs early CB500F forks ?
Post by: Grewth on January 23, 2026, 10:43:23 AM
Thank you both for the rapid replies !
Well, as they're no use to me on the CB550F project  (later generation of forks), or to my CB750 projects,  it looks like they'll be weighed in this afternoon with a load of other scrap I'm clearing out.
If anyone has any use for these bits,  you're most welcome to them, but you'll have to shout up before 2pm or thereabouts.