Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Desperately Seeking!! => Topic started by: Coppertop1234 on January 24, 2026, 04:36:31 PM
-
Hi just thought i would ask before i start surfing web
Just bought a 400/4 and it has a superdream set for forks on it with comstar wheels/superdream front brake
my aim is to return to standard spec as much as possible, so i am looking for a set of correct fork legs if anyone has a set available.
Present set up all works, but it will bug me wrong wheels wrong brake wrong mudguard.
-
Unless you can find a complete used front end, it will be expensive to go back to original.
Stanchions, sliders, caliper, mudguard, wheel and disc. Are the fork yokes 400f or Superdream?
When you need stanchions the best ones are from ABE Philpotts.
-
Hi Gareth
I know i could just buy a 400 superdream mudguard and it would be fine.
(Unsure what present ones are off but look like superdream)
I would like to get the bike back onto spokes and original set up or it will always be a bitsa
I stopped riding due to health and age a few years ago after restoring my 750f1 and cb250 dream.
I am unsure if i will even ride the bike when its done its just for the love of restoration of classic hondas of the 70s
a bit at a time - steady away
-
Front end parts are same as 250/360G5 so look for those
-
Just seen this on eBay you might be able to buy the forks on there own
-
cheers ken
-
do you have a link for them on ebay i cant find them ?
-
Hi Coppertop please link below
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/187647544074?_skw=honda+cb+400+f2+frame&itmmeta=01KFRQGQZ7DSJ6C1PSMKSVG3BC&hash=item2bb0aa4b0a%3Ag%3AF7MAAeSwkldo7ODy&itmprp=enc%3AAQALAAAA8O7PUuNWmJ%2B%2BUShgI9tQz%2FpdbttwxonKYihYGggA2pfS%2BLdhRC1raEh72teIfXHyXzYY0v%2BP9HTl5ZmJbpma9P%2FWYCXuc3FHAZLWHOib80e8wO0GMXn1cT7R32L7rANefDcTXtjA8KjgqF%2BQzP7UPq49rH2%2BFhbbSGVtRGIQ3hLpEE279hN35qFncietZhX6zaeAOaLwcn9RmCrkGClTSDq2O8jnrhkEV%2Bh2RkL6qV%2BAy9zzxlruTGYFVHM7xuF0RNrUQx9ICQrOEGE2cO1F%2FJ1kidXVXq0u6hYfqK4O5hX%2Fh3Y8aw3pTsbAegT5L6hHZQ%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-j_wpf-Zg&keyword=honda+cb+400+f2+frame&sacat=0&relatedSearch=true
-
I just put in 400f2 frame and got item number 187647544074.
-
That should be the item, you might have to buy all of it but I suppose you could rebuild the wheels using the hubs and sell them on and same applies to the frame.
-
The expense and fun begins
just bought forks + caliper set up + brake light switch.
Thanks to all.
-
The expense and fun begins
just bought forks + caliper set up + brake light switch.
Thanks to all.
Good luck. 👍