Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Grewth on February 02, 2026, 07:28:30 PM

Title: 627B carbs
Post by: Grewth on February 02, 2026, 07:28:30 PM
I'm attempting to build up a  CB550F, or something closely resembling a 550F.
I now find myself in possession of two sets of 627B carbs which I believe were originally from a CB500F.
Will these be of any use to me ?
Apparently I need the 069A carbs, but these have eluded me so far  (at least at a reasonable price anyway).
Would it be worth trying to re-jet the 627B units to work with a 550F engine  ?
Or better to start saving my pennies towards the correct carbs ?
Title: Re: 627B carbs
Post by: Bryanj on February 02, 2026, 07:47:45 PM
To the best of my knowledge the only difference is jetting so i would just use what you have and check the jets.
O ring kits best price is Nurse Julie and they actually fit!
Title: Re: 627B carbs
Post by: Grewth on February 02, 2026, 08:53:31 PM
TBH, I'm not really expecting to set the world on fire with the scintillating performance of my CB550F.
I've got a 750F1 which should be a lot faster in a straight line.
However my last 550F1 was a real slug, and to my shame I never really found out why.
I think that maybe the pattern silencer was strangling it.
Well I flogged it for  £600 back in 1999, and wish I'd kept it instead.
I just want my "new" 550F to pull like a good 'un