Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Theoldboycarter on February 21, 2026, 02:57:25 PM

Title: New Member
Post by: Theoldboycarter on February 21, 2026, 02:57:25 PM
Hello, My name is Roger and I live in Royston Herts. Thank you for letting me join your group.
I have a 1974 import CB400f which I bought the year before last at the Iconic Shuttleworth auction. I did a fair bit of work on it and got it registered. Had quite a bit of fun on it the tail end of last summer, looking forward to getting it out again if it ever stops raining. Don't ride in the rain now if I can help it, had enough of bad weather riding in my youth when I had to.
 I also have a 1956 BSA 500 single. I've never had a Japanese bike before, apert from an MT5 my daughter had when she was 16, (she's now 51) and that was passed on to my son. At 73 years old it's great having an electric starter.
I may have some questions to ask you kind people as I get the bike ready for Spring.
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: Nurse Julie on February 21, 2026, 04:08:25 PM
Welcome to the forum Roger.
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: Johnwebley on February 21, 2026, 04:17:52 PM
Welcome
We are very friendly

Although the 400 afisionados constantly discuss which colour is fastest!

Have fun

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: New Member
Post by: taysidedragon on February 21, 2026, 04:37:13 PM
Welcome Roger. Good choice of bike. Enjoy the electric leg. 👍
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on February 21, 2026, 05:25:50 PM
Welcome Roger. Great choice of bike. Unfortunately John is wrong about discussion on fastest colour. Anybody knows there is no discussion. No arguments its Yellow!!!



Title: Re: New Member
Post by: Ken4004 on February 21, 2026, 06:06:05 PM
Welcome to the forum Roger , from my experience you will always get an answer from this group of very knowledgeable people who are always keen to help.
You will also notice that any issue is also discussed thoroughly and in detail.


Title: Re: New Member
Post by: exvalvesetdabbler on February 21, 2026, 06:38:52 PM
Welcome to the forum.  Don't believe everything they tell you about the yellow 400f being faster, just the owners wizz by fairly quick so they aren't identified as the bloke riding that bike that looks like a ripe banana.

If I didn't care about keeping mine original and was repainting I would be considering a  metallic British racing green with gold stripes, a flying gherkin!

Regards
Dave
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: Athame57 on February 21, 2026, 10:36:02 PM
Welcome here Roger!  ;D I too hope this bluddy rain will finally end!  :o
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on February 21, 2026, 11:26:51 PM
Welcome to the Forum Roger, I think a 400 with Gold Wheels is just as fast as a full yellow peril.


(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53411967203_4c6a41f97e_w.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2pnQi1g)400 lamp change 2 (https://flic.kr/p/2pnQi1g) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr


Title: Re: New Member
Post by: Laverda Dave on February 22, 2026, 09:24:20 AM
Welcome to the forum Roger and the encyclopedia of knowledge that exists on here.
Tim is 100% correct about the yellow bikes being the fastest. There is a rumour that Mr Honda himself blueprinted every yellow 400/4 motor after work when the factory was empty although as I said it is only a rumour....... allegedly........😳