Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Johny Boy on March 24, 2026, 03:05:26 PM

Title: Cb550 rear brake return spring
Post by: Johny Boy on March 24, 2026, 03:05:26 PM
Hi everyone, a desperate plea for help.

When I bought my 550 as a basket case, it was missing many parts.
I've almost finished the rebuild but I am missing a couple of key parts which I can't find.

1) Rear brake return spring 46514404670
2) Rear brake switch bracket 50157390000

I've looked on CMSNL and David Silver but no joy .

If anyone has one of these tucked away or could suggest another supplier I would very much appreciate it.
If it comes to it, I can probably make the bracket, but the spring is a bit trickier!

Thanks John
Title: Re: Cb550 rear brake return spring
Post by: Oddjob on March 24, 2026, 08:20:39 PM
2of the return springs on ebay
Title: Re: Cb550 rear brake return spring
Post by: Johny Boy on March 24, 2026, 09:37:02 PM
Hi Oddjob, is that the £60 from Bulgaria?

Guess I can sell the other bits
Title: Re: Cb550 rear brake return spring
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on March 24, 2026, 10:05:34 PM
I bought a góod used  one from two wheel spares, I had to buy the shaft as well, it wasn't too expensive.
Might be worth visiting their online shop.
Title: Re: Cb550 rear brake return spring
Post by: Johny Boy on March 24, 2026, 11:01:53 PM
Thanks Ted

I've just gone for the Bulgarian one, considering what I've spent so far,  £60 for a spring doesn't seem to bad!
Title: Re: Cb550 rear brake return spring
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on March 25, 2026, 11:15:39 AM
Thanks Ted

I've just gone for the Bulgarian one, considering what I've spent so far,  £60 for a spring doesn't seem to bad!

Many of us know that feeling!
Title: Re: Cb550 rear brake return spring
Post by: Oddjob on March 25, 2026, 02:32:40 PM
These are what I spotted Johny, couldn't link to it as I was on my phone.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/286777387009
Title: Re: Cb550 rear brake return spring
Post by: Johny Boy on March 25, 2026, 03:02:43 PM
Wow, you must be better on ebay than I am....

Thanks for that
Title: Re: Cb550 rear brake return spring
Post by: TrickyMicky on March 25, 2026, 03:22:07 PM
That advert is on Ebay.com, not Ebay.co.uk, and it shows all the American bits.
Title: Re: Cb550 rear brake return spring
Post by: Johny Boy on March 25, 2026, 03:43:17 PM
I will bear that in mind

Thanks
Title: Re: Cb550 rear brake return spring
Post by: Bryanj on March 25, 2026, 04:42:11 PM
Just remember limit for imports to attract duty have changed recently
Title: Re: Cb550 rear brake return spring
Post by: Oddjob on March 25, 2026, 05:42:19 PM
If you have any contacts in the USA you could ask them to buy it for you and send it as a gift afterwards.
Title: Re: Cb550 rear brake return spring
Post by: DomP on March 25, 2026, 10:18:30 PM
There is someone selling a job lot of used parts that im sure has both bits you are looking for John
Title: Re: Cb550 rear brake return spring
Post by: Johny Boy on March 26, 2026, 01:29:30 PM
Thanks, I've ordered the spring and will make the bracket from a standard one