Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Alexandlinda on March 27, 2026, 05:59:22 PM

Title: Clutch Lever swytch - advice please
Post by: Alexandlinda on March 27, 2026, 05:59:22 PM
I have inherited a CB750 K6. When I stalled it, I pulled the clutch lever and hit the start button but no deal! Had to find neutral to start again.
When I later checked the clutch lever there is no little switch there. I'm sure from my ageing memory that there should be a switch so when you pull the lever in it will enable you to restart in any gear.
I can see the little hole in the lever housing but where would I locate the wires that connect to the switch?

So my question is what do I need, where to get it and how to fit it? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Title: Re: Clutch Lever swytch - advice please
Post by: Bryanj on March 27, 2026, 06:17:14 PM
Its the same switch as the drum braked 125 with different colour wires, you remove the lever, feed the wires through the hole from the lever side and push plastic switch home fully.
It conects in the headlamp shell, you will have to check a wiring diagram for colours and should still be available from Honda, check for part number on cmsnl

Superceeded part number 35340329003
Title: Re: Clutch Lever swytch - advice please
Post by: Bryanj on March 27, 2026, 06:30:53 PM
This is a brake light switch off fleabay, about 1/3 price of DSS
Title: Re: Clutch Lever swytch - advice please
Post by: Alexandlinda on March 28, 2026, 09:00:44 AM
Thanks Bryan. Found it on Fleabay and ordered. I had a feeling the wires would be inside the headlamp shell. Just need a coloured wiring diagram.
Title: Re: Clutch Lever swytch - advice please
Post by: Bryanj on March 28, 2026, 10:23:29 AM
The colours on the switch will be different to those in the loom as the switch is for a brakelight but it works fine