Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Athame57 on April 05, 2026, 02:12:42 PM

Title: Blue Job polish
Post by: Athame57 on April 05, 2026, 02:12:42 PM
Has anyone tried this Blue Job chrome polish I've been reading about and can it really clear up the discoloration I'm starting to get on my new header pipes?
Title: Re: Blue Job polish
Post by: exvalvesetdabbler on April 05, 2026, 04:30:10 PM
Same as any polish, abrasive to wipe away oxides without scratching the chrome.  I did look up the  MDSS for it, there's a significant amount of aluminium oxide in there.

When we were kids and poor we would dig up a bit of clay and put that on a wet  cloth to shine up bicycle wheels and then a wipe over with an oily rag.



Regards
Dave
Title: Re: Blue Job polish
Post by: martyn916 on April 05, 2026, 07:47:39 PM
I've used it recently but not on my 500/4 and impressed with the results - before and after photos attached.
Title: Re: Blue Job polish
Post by: Athame57 on April 05, 2026, 08:21:27 PM
I've used it recently but not on my 500/4 and impressed with the results - before and after photos attached.
Hi Martyn
I think I'm going to be ordering some then! Thanks for this.  ;D
BTW... was it hard work?
Title: Re: Blue Job polish
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on April 05, 2026, 08:28:22 PM
Same as any polish, abrasive to wipe away oxides without scratching the chrome.  I did look up the  MDSS for it, there's a significant amount of aluminium oxide in there.

When we were kids and poor we would dig up a bit of clay and put that on a wet  cloth to shine up bicycle wheels and then a wipe over with an oily rag.



Regards
Dave

I've often seen clay blocks used in car detailing on utube etc...
Title: Re: Blue Job polish
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on April 05, 2026, 09:07:13 PM
The bloke I bought my 400NA  SD from recommended it to me.
Id never heard of it before, that said I don't dislike the blueing effect.
Title: Re: Blue Job polish
Post by: martyn916 on April 05, 2026, 10:53:35 PM
I've used it recently but not on my 500/4 and impressed with the results - before and after photos attached.
Hi Martyn
I think I'm going to be ordering some then! Thanks for this.  ;D
BTW... was it hard work?

Wasn't a lot of effort but because you're working a small area at a time it's just timing consuming. Good news a little goes a long way.