Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Lecram on January 05, 2011, 03:29:11 PM

Title: interest survey for CB750 gauge jewels / gems reproduction
Post by: Lecram on January 05, 2011, 03:29:11 PM
Hi,

Since I supply reproduction face plates, people asked me several times if I also supply the jewels. I am approaching plastic production companies and I have to say: it is not easy, because of the high initial labor costs for production of these jewels. The challenge is that the jewels have two formats and four different colors.
If I can find a shop that is able to produce these jewels in a smaller series, say 100-150 pieces, the price for a set of four will be not cheap.

When I decide to produce these jewels and invest a lot of money in it, I need to know if there is a certain demand.

Who is intentionality interested in these jewels?

(http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Iwudks3e4io/TPQRtimdosI/AAAAAAAADOw/OjJGrC1vw80/s912/IMG_3887.JPG)

(http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Iwudks3e4io/TPQRuNpqc0I/AAAAAAAADO0/sRSRowhmu6A/s912/IMG_3890.JPG)
Title: Re: interest survey for CB750 gauge jewels / gems reproduction
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on January 05, 2011, 05:32:30 PM
Have you asked the guys on www.sohc4.net (http://www.sohc4.net) as there's a large(r) community of K0-K1 builders over there.

Check the Yamiya kill switch plastics thread!

Steve
Title: Re: interest survey for CB750 gauge jewels / gems reproduction
Post by: Lecram on January 05, 2011, 05:44:52 PM
Have you asked the guys on www.sohc4.net (http://www.sohc4.net) as there's a large(r) community of K0-K1 builders over there.

Check the Yamiya kill switch plastics thread!

Steve

Tnx Steve, I have posted the same question on that forum
Title: Re: interest survey for CB750 gauge jewels / gems reproduction
Post by: kent400 on January 05, 2011, 10:51:35 PM
Laverda used the same instruments on serveral seventies machines so the jewels would fit those also and possibly the same size dial faces, although some had the Laverda motif on them and some did not. The neutral and flash jewels are the same as those fitted to CB250 tachos and others. So the market for the jewels might extend to a few other machines.
Title: Re: interest survey for CB750 gauge jewels / gems reproduction
Post by: AshimotoK0 on January 05, 2011, 11:28:34 PM
Have you asked the guys on www.sohc4.net (http://www.sohc4.net) as there's a large(r) community of K0-K1 builders over there.

Check the Yamiya kill switch plastics thread!

Steve

I entered into that thread and when I have time (as I promised) I will get my friend who has a high-tech plastic moulding company here in East Yorks to quote for killswitch black knob and 'Jewels'. The real killer deal would be for him to quote on K0 black instrument covers and lenses but I suspect a high tooling cost for these. May go to see him early next week and keep you posted. Problem is someone has to stump up with the tooling costs and people will only commit to buy once they have seen the finished article.

Cheers

Ash