Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: deltarider on April 17, 2026, 11:03:39 AM
-
My CB500 has had various tires on its rims. For the tires fitted by Honda as standard, the Owner's Manual recommended the following tire pressures for solo riding:
front: 1.8 bar
rear: 2.0 bar
For both the Continental RB2/K112 and the TK22/44 combinations, the dealer had recommended me the following pressures:
front: 2.5 bar
rear: 2.8 bar
The same was recommended for the Bridgestone BT45 combination that I have now.
A month ago, I took my first ride of the season. Naturally, the tire pressure had dropped somewhat over the winter, but unlike in previous years, I didn't increase it. During the ride, I noticed that the slight, not dangerous unrest I had experienced for years at speeds between 60 and 100 km/h, had practically disappeared, and the ride comfort had improved significantly.
I'd like to know why Continental and Bridgestone deviate from the tire pressures Honda recommended back then. The only tire manufacturer whose recommended pressure is close to Honda's, is Metzeler, with the following values:
Front tire: 2.0 bar
Rear tire: 2.5 bar
These values match what Honda recommended back then, albeit for riding with a passenger. Although I'm currently still using Bridgestone tires, I'll ride with this lower pressure for now and I am considering replacing them with Metzeler tires later.
What do you think?
-
For years I have used Avons,now got Bridgestone
I run 27psi/1,8 front
33psi/2.3 rear
Softer it feels slow,and heavy handling
Harder it feels skittish, and very light steering, but not secure, can't feel any grip,nervous
With jacket on,I guess my weight is about 90kg,
You are allowed to vary the tp
Go with what you feel happy with
Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
-
Continental and in the past TT100's for me on my 750F1 and being old fashioned I always run at 30 psi, I tend to ignore manufacturers blurb.
Cheers
Dennis