Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => Recommended Sources for Parts and Services => Topic started by: Yetanotherbike on May 22, 2026, 11:10:07 AM
-
I wonder if any you good people have any recomendations for damper overhauls. The rear damper on my bike a Honda CBF 500 is leaking. There seems to be a few people around, but recomendations from people are always good!
Many thanks
-
Just noticed the Audi 100 Coupe S on your list, lovely motor back in the day.
I used to sell them when new in 1974/5 metallic Turkis was my favourite colour.👍
-
Yes, the Audi is quite a looker, even if mine is Sahara gold (Beige). Not many of them around now, Spares are almost non existent and ultra expensive for what they are.
As regards the dampers, I have only had one damper specialist reply and has said they don't repair OEM dampers as they are not intended to be rebuit. So a new YSS after-market damper has been ordered.
-
Yes, the Audi is quite a looker, even if mine is Sahara gold (Beige). Not many of them around now, Spares are almost non existent and ultra expensive for what they are.
As regards the dampers, I have only had one damper specialist reply and has said they don't repair OEM dampers as they are not intended to be rebuit. So a new YSS after-market damper has been ordered.
I remember the name Sahara Gold, not the colour, the Audi 100 range were a good sellers, up until 1974.
Colours I remember included the Yellow & Bronze. Iirc the 100 LS saloon was about £1900 new, the Coupe was about & £600 more in 1973. Due to fluctuating exchange prices Audi importers Thomas Tilling started adding an exchange surcharge that went up almost every month, the cost of new Audi's almost doubled in two years.
-
Not the same bike but when I enquired about having the rear mono shock on the he NC30 rebuilt I was told everything could be rebuilt/refurbished but if the damper rod itself was corroded the shock would be scrap. The damper rod was slightly corroded so I've had to buy a new shock.
-
It's ironic thats i've not long fitted 4 Bilstein B6 dampers to my classic Saab 900 Turbo and they were £447 in total. Not much more than one damper for my humble CBF500. Market forces at work :(