Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => Anorak's Corner => Topic started by: CR21 on May 28, 2026, 08:41:27 AM

Title: Oil hose supplier
Post by: CR21 on May 28, 2026, 08:41:27 AM
Hello all,

Does anybody know of a supplier of the original fabric braided SOHC oil hose/line?

I would like to get this detail correct for my CR750 build - aiming to restore/re-use original hardware and have the ends crimped on by a hydraulic supplier.

Thanks,
CR21
Title: Re: Oil hose supplier
Post by: Laverda Dave on May 28, 2026, 11:43:44 AM
This subject has come up before but then it was the braided oil line for the CB750 although I assume it is the same type for the CR?
I have just trawled through some of the previous posts relating to the CB750 but I can't find anything but it's definitely there somewhere. Nurse Julie may have an idea as Trigger used to restore these bikes.
You could try searching using the search bar.
Good luck🤞
Title: Re: Oil hose supplier
Post by: TrickyMicky on May 28, 2026, 04:32:00 PM
Whilst I can fully understand the desire for originality, I hope you are looking for "original looking" hose, but of recent manufacture. Back in the 70's when I had a cb750 from new, after  just under two years old, it started making a peculiar sound on a cold start, which would disappear as the engine warmed.  The dealer, when told, went straight for the oil feed hose from the bottom of the oil tank, and informed me that it had 'imploded', or, collapsed internally. When I asked how he knew where to look, he informed me that I was not the first to suffer from this. Fortunately, no engine damage was done.  So make sure you get the best quality hose possible.
Title: Re: Oil hose supplier
Post by: Bryanj on May 28, 2026, 04:53:23 PM
Tricky is right there was a batch of 750 with bad hoses and several ended up with complete rebuilds, as to hoses go on the US site and talk to Hondaman(Mark Paris) he has been trying to sort this for some time and has bought an expensive crimping tool for the job, i have found the hydraulic "specialists" are reluctant to halp as the fittings are an odd size
Title: Re: Oil hose supplier
Post by: CR21 on June 01, 2026, 07:28:50 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the replies and suggestions - I will speak to Hondaman and Nurse Julie.

Yes this is for my CR750 build, which has an oil cooler beneath the yokes - CB750 style line is what I am after, but the lines will be a custom length to suit.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am after a newly manufactured hose only, which I will have crimped onto the original fittings.

Thanks,
CR21