Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: honda78 on June 01, 2026, 07:26:51 PM

Title: New Member honda78
Post by: honda78 on June 01, 2026, 07:26:51 PM
Hi, I’ve just joined forum. I’m 80 years old, haven’t ridden a bike for 40 years. Just purchased cg125 k1 to do up as a project, when I can’t pay golf. Started stripping it down, replaced carburettor and throttle cable. Bike now starts and idles. Will be posting lots of questions as don’t know yet how far I want to take it. Hopefully this forum will help,
Regards,
H
honda78
Title: Re: New Member honda78
Post by: Johnwebley on June 01, 2026, 07:37:37 PM
Hey, welcome

We love bikes here, all Hondas, plus others

Have fun



Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: New Member honda78
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 01, 2026, 09:02:19 PM
Welcome to the sohc community Honda 78, I'm a couple of years behind you, never been a golfer though.
Looking forwards to some photos, we like photos here.
Cheers Ted
Title: Re: New Member honda78
Post by: Johnny4428 on June 01, 2026, 10:25:14 PM
Hi honda78 and welcome to the forum. Nice to see a few pictures of your project when permissible.
Oodles of very knowledgable people on this forum. Good luck with the project.
Title: Re: New Member honda78
Post by: Athame57 on June 02, 2026, 07:04:03 AM
Welcome here H
It's never too late to start again. I was absent from riding for twenty years when I got my leg back over the saddle eight years ago, I'm 69 now.  ;D
Title: Re: New Member honda78
Post by: Laverda Dave on June 02, 2026, 07:34:21 PM
Welcome to the forum and on buying another bike after 40 years.
I'm thinking of taking up golf to keep me out of the garage and spending money restoring filthy old motorbikes!
Title: Re: New Member honda78
Post by: Johnwebley on June 02, 2026, 07:38:12 PM
Golf is not quite as expensive as bikes

Depends how much you spend at the 19th hole


Cheers

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk