Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => Other Bikes => Topic started by: honda78 on June 07, 2026, 07:44:45 PM

Title: Honda cg125 k1
Post by: honda78 on June 07, 2026, 07:44:45 PM
Hi, removed flywheel to replace points, noticed a small what looks like broken piece of thin metal on the right hand side of the top coil. See attached photos. Is this a problem? Had a good spark and engine ran before strip down.
Inclined to replace complete stator unit but can’t find exact match. Any suggestions,
Dave
Title: Re: Honda cg125 k1
Post by: Johnwebley on June 07, 2026, 08:02:51 PM
Initially I would check if the coil has continuity, also does it leak to earth,

I am assuming it shouldn't,

Do you have a multi meter?

Good news is that the bike is a runner,

Does it also charge the battery??

If it does work, leave it alone,

Use the bike, but you could plan ahead with trying to source spares or other ignition/generator system,

Like Electrix world, etc

Gist is, if it works, good,


Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Honda cg125 k1
Post by: honda78 on June 07, 2026, 09:27:23 PM
Thank you, my electrical knowledge is not great but I have a multimeter and will check out. I don’t know if the battery charges, I’ve only just started working on the bike. It’s a long term project, ie getting it running properly, checking out all the electrical functions then deciding how far to go with the cosmetics,
Dave.