Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: MarkCR750 on June 13, 2026, 08:14:46 AM
-
Hi all long time no speak it’s MarkCR750 here, I’ve just retrieved my CR750 from the shed at the bottom of the garden after some years having sold a few of my other bikes and now having space in the garage again!, it started of course being a Honda (battery extremely dodgy but there’s a new one in the post), anyway hope you are all well 👍
-
Hi Mark, welcome back. Have you had a break from motorcycling or just a break from forum?
-
Just a break from the forum, I put the Honda away with the intention of getting it back on the road the following summer, 3 or 4 summers later it’s just seen the light of day again!, I was riding my other bikes in the meantime though, it all seems functional apart from the front brake micro switch so when the new one arrives I’ll be out for a shake down ride on it 👍
-
Welcome back :)
That's a very atmospheric photo with a very nice motorcycle in the foreground 8).
Been there, done that too many times, finishing a build late in the summer, get a couple of rides in and then it gets taken over by another rebuild! I need to get out on the 400/4 and the Triton, both rebuilt and both only have 50 miles on them since :(
-
Nice to have you back Mark :-)
-
Not a bad complaint, I have three at least waiting for just a good run, there always seems to be other jobs!😳 not going to rule out a run yet today. (Unless someone else does)😂
-
Welcome back :)
That's a very atmospheric photo with a very nice motorcycle in the foreground 8).
Been there, done that too many times, finishing a build late in the summer, get a couple of rides in and then it gets taken over by another rebuild! I need to get out on the 400/4 and the Triton, both rebuilt and both only have 50 miles on them since :(
Cheers it was taken on the mountain at the TT a few years back, typical TT weather 🙂👍
-
Nice to have you back Mark :-)
Thanks Neat Street good to be back, actually at 64 it’s good to be anywhere!.
Is Philward still on the forum I tried to PM him but no reply and I see his last post was November?
-
Well she’s made it to the local lake/cafe, running absolutely sweet as a nut just goes to show Hondas enjoy being abandoned in leaky sheds! 👍[attachimg=1]
-
She looks very smart. That seat! She is not built for comfort! 🫢🫢
-
No chainguard Mark?
After seeing the damage a broken chain can cause to the human body I don't think I'd ever run one without TBH.
-
No OJ given the relative low power of these bikes and the monumental chain size! 😮, along with the chain being VLM and in perfect condition and never used in salty conditions I reckon I’m on the safe side here, of course I could be wrong 🤔.
-
She looks very smart. That seat! She is not built for comfort! 🫢🫢
True!, not as bad as you’d think but yes definitely not a touring seat 🙂👍
-
Horses for courses of course! 👍